Grooming - single coated lab - brush recommendations, please!

Discussion in 'Products for dogs & their owners' started by Tina D, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Tina D

Tina D Registered Users

Hi there,
    I have a single coated lab, who this year, at age 8, has been moulting quite a bit over a number of months. He didn’t shed much in previous years. I’ve read the Labrador Forum suggestions on grooming products. I’m not sure one of the rather expensive Furminators is going to be right for us, as they seem to work well for double coated dogs, particularly? Anyone got any experience with single coated dogs? My family are starting to complain rather too much about dog hairs in their food (and drink). I don’t really mind the fur garnish! I’ll happily buy a furminator if it will be right for us. Thank you.

2. mummyp85

mummyp85 Registered Users

Hi Tina. I bought a Zoom Groom for our boy and it works brilliantly. Know others on the forum who have used these too. We got ours from Amazon. It's totally rubber and if dampened with warm water the hair just sticks to it as you brush and when finished it's like lifting a little mat of hair off the brush. Can be used either for straight brushing or in circular motion and it's flexible prongs make it easier to brushed round the harder areas. Our boy is a prolific shedder and you never get it all but it does reduce the amount that floats about. I use about twice a week

3. J.D

J.D Supporting Member Forum Supporter

There was a Groomi Tool on Dragon’s Den. Just seen an advert for it on Instagram. Might be worth ago.

4. Christina2807

Christina2807 Registered Users

5. Tina D

Tina D Registered Users

Hi All, Thank you for the recommendations. I went for the Zoom Groom. Typically, he’d more or less finished moulting by the time I bought it, but it still picked up enough hair to indicate that it will be of great value when the shedding recommences!!