Hallelujah!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by CDM, Dec 31, 2014.

1. CDM

CDM Registered Users

I just managed to have a shower and a whole fifteen minutes with Bella in the kitchen and no whining!!!! Ok I returned to a wee but this is serious progress!!! She then carried on playing with the kong oblivious whilst I washed up!!! What kept her entertained , a frozen tuna and cheese kong!! Thanks for the recommendation!!! The other fillings are obviously not as tasty for her! Time to bulk freeze them!!! :)

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Re: Hallelujah!!

Woohoo :D

3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Great news! Small steps... :) :)

4. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

[quote author=CDM link=topic=9299.msg133528#msg133528 date=1420043986]
    I just managed to have a shower and a whole fifteen minutes with Bella in the kitchen and no whining!!!! Ok I returned to a wee but this is serious progress!!! She then carried on playing with the kong oblivious whilst I washed up!!! What kept her entertained , a frozen tuna and cheese kong!! Thanks for the recommendation!!! The other fillings are obviously not as tasty for her! Time to bulk freeze them!!! :)
    [/quote]

Tuna & Cheese is a great filling, I have since experimented & found that tinned sardines, which come in many different flavours, tomato sauce, chille, brine, oil etc, mixed with cheese are just as fantaastic & a lot cheaper.

Here is my last Kong filling, this fills 2 Kongs & could probably stretch to three. 1 x tin of sardines (tomato & chilli in this case), a squeeze of runny honey, a couple of dollops of guacamole topping a bit of grated cheese. Result = one very stimulated pup.

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

If there's any guacamole going, I'm sorry, the pups don't get a look-in. It's mine, all mine!!!

I stretch the sardines out by adding some cubes of bread and a bit of water along with the grated cheese. One tin makes four medium kongs. Their favourite flavour is sardines in escabeche, but they also like the ones in olive oil and the ones in tomato. To be fair, I think they'd like sardines in anything!

6. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=9299.msg133780#msg133780 date=1420136217]

If there's any guacamole going, I'm sorry, the pups don't get a look-in. It's mine, all mine!!!

[/quote]

It was my Wifes, it seemed to be just sitting there. It gone to a happier place.

7. Jane Martin

Jane Martin Registered Users

Are tomato and chill is safe? I thought they were on the no no list.

8. snowbunny

Tomato is on the "no list" but it's not a problem in tiny quantities. A bit like onion, I understand. As opposed to chocolate and grapes, which I wouldn't give in even tiny amounts.

9. CDM

CDM Registered Users

I'll try some of these :)but think the puppy Kongs are pretty small for all that, at what age did you upgrade to medium? Might get some today! Is chilli ok for pups tums? I'm getting some sardines!! She loves fishy smells!

10. snowbunny

I upgraded from puppy kongs to adult kongs a couple of months ago (now five months old). But I was surprised to find that the adult (red) medium kongs are the exact same size as the medium puppy ones. The only difference is the toughness of the rubber. That said, for what I need them for, they're a perfect size and, frozen, they last about 40 minutes. Neither of my pups is a power chewer, so I still use the puppy ones alongside the adult ones.

11. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Tomato? That's a new one! Never heard of that being a problem :)

12. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=Oberon link=topic=9299.msg133982#msg133982 date=1420195627]
    Tomato? That's a new one! Never heard of that being a problem :)
    [/quote]
    Me neither.
    I have a couple of doggy recipes with the sardines/mackerel in tomato :-\

13. snowbunny