Happy Holidays...Gingerbread House

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by CamK, Jan 1, 2019.

1. CamK

CamK Registered Users

Any funny stories about the holidays?

My daughter made a wonderful gingerbread house for our table centerpiece for the holidays. We had company coming and hadn't made one for years. So much fun! Our 2 and 4 year old labs are good for the most part about counter surfing so we thought we were safe leaving it displayed on the center of the big table. We later realized we weren't as our company wasn't as anal about pushing in the chairs in around the table.

Yep they left out 2 chairs and this made a nice ramp to the goodies. Rex ate all the coconut and marshmallow snow, 2 snowmen and a bit of the house. I was glad we had limited chocolate in the construction so thought we were ok.

Nope. Rex normally goes to sleep at 8:00 but just wouldn't settle. I was walking a sugar high lab at 1:00 am. Rex did about 10 laps around the yard, Zoomies with a sugar boost. Zeke who did not participate in the feast looked at Rex like he was nuts. Rex finally collapsed in my lap at 2:30 with a goofy grin on his face

Thankfully we only had a super energetic dog for a couple days. And they left the Christmas tree alone this year.

2. CamK

CamK Registered Users

And now looking at making a house with dog treats and dog friendly food bits. Anyone out there make their own dog treats?