1. WELCOME

To join the conversation, please register. It only takes a minute!

Harness suggestions

Discussion in 'Products for dogs & their owners' started by Jes72, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Jes72

Jes72 Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Any good harness suggestions for a strong 36kg lab?
    Preferably something with a good grip handle, back loop for a lead and something thats not easy to slip out of.

We don't use his harness much on walks. Homer’s usual walks are off lead, only half a block on lead and he walks reasonably well well on lead with a collar. But there are times when we need a harness. Homer gets incredibly frightened and anxious of noises so sometimes we need a harness to be able to hold on to him as he can back out of a collar too easily and holding on to his collar puts stress in his throat.

We had one that Homer did manage to slip out of on a few occasions and I was never fond of how it fits on Homer.

Any suggestions?

2. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

I use the Haqihana harness on my Labs. It fits beautifully, loads of adjustment and very secure, I've never had one escape from it. It doesn't however have a handle on the back, but I've never had a problem grabbing hold of the webbing when needed.
    I have used a JuliusK9 before which does have a handle, is also very well made, have to warn you though that my eldest Lab found it very easy to back out of.