1. WELCOME

To join the conversation, please register. It only takes a minute!

Harnesses and head collars for nine month old lab

Discussion in 'Products for dogs & their owners' started by Keithmac, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Keithmac

Keithmac Registered Users

Hello all, our pup is 9 months old now and a very strong puller on her lead.

This isn't really a problem for me but she's got too strong for my wife to comfortably walk unfortunately.

We use a back clip harness (EzyDog chest plate) which she seems very comfortable in and I like using.

Looking into possibly a Canny Collar or front clip harness to try until we can get her loose lead walking sorted.

Just interested in how the front clip harness works?, I would prefer another harness to be fair.

My friend is lending me a Canny Collar to try but don't really like the idea, if it's that or no walk though we'll have to use it.

We have been actively training her for nearly 3 months with stop when pulling and treats for good walking etc and she has got better but she's VERY scent driven and excitable when out walking!.

[​IMG]

2. TheRobbies

TheRobbies Registered Users

We have the same EzyDog harness but think at 4.5 months he has now outgrown the medium. Looking at Julius K9 harnesses but seeing recommendations for some other brands which offer better fit.

Benji pulls hard, whether wearing the harness or just his collar.

A front clip harness, from what I understand, means that if the dog pulls it’s body naturally turns to you when pulled from the chest, rather than just continue to pull away from you. I think...