Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by jesqsica, Sep 27, 2017.

1. jesqsica

jesqsica Registered Users

Hi! My name is Jessica and I am a future lab owner, which I am super excited about. I will not be getting my puppy for about 8 months :(
    I've found a breeder who I'm going to buy my pup from and we've talk a little bit. I'm just so excited, so I thought I'd get a head start on things!

EmmaHughes likes this.
  2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hi Jessica and welcome from me and my three. I have one of each colour, one boy and two girls. Do you know what colour the litter is likely to be, and whether you want a girl or a boy? It's good to be as prepared as possible, so ask any questions you want. Eight months is a long wait, you must have found the perfect litter for you. Can you tell us what made you choose this breeder?

3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello Jessica and welcome to the forum from Fred, Annie and me. You have lots of time to prepare for your little friend.
    I would get a copy of, The happy puppy book by Pippa and read it cover to cover. It will help you a lot. I can't wait to hear about your puppy.

4. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Hi and welcome from me and my two black labs, Lucan 8yrs and Ash 9mths.

5. jesqsica

Thank you so much :)
    I want a girl, but I don't know the color that I'd want!

I researched a few different breeders, most of which I found on the AKC website. This one, Rainmaker Labs, sort of spoke to me I guess. Their website has so much information and pictures and videos. They've got a YouTube channel where they post videos of their pups a few times a week. People who've gotten their dogs from them keep in touch over the Facebook page too!

I had messaged her and told her that I'd never done this before, and she gave me a lot of helpful tips and was very kind me.

I am waiting until the spring because my roommate and I are looking for a house to rent in our area, and my lease isn't up until April. I live in a small apartment, and that wouldn't be fair to a dog like this :/ So I told her when I was looking to get one and she said I should message her after the New Year and she'll have a better idea of who she's breeding, and I'd be able to get on a list then! I am so excited!

Naya, Hollysdad and Cath like this.
  6. jesqsica

Thank you! I'm gonna order that soon!

7. jesqsica

thank you :)

8. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I'm glad to see that Rainmaker Labs do comprehensive health testing on their dogs and promote making an informed decision with regards to neutering. We hear so many stories, often from the US, where there is a blanket policy of neutering, even very young puppies. It's great they encourage their prospective owners to look into it in more detail.

9. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi, and welcome from Holly and me in Wales.

I've had Labs of all three colours over the years. Black and chocolate are almost invisible in the dark but don't show the dirt. Our choccie could disappear just by standing still in the woods - we called her the stealth Labrador! Yellow is easy to spot in the woods but shows every spot of mud.

selina27 likes this.
  10. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi and welcome from me and 4 year old red girl, Harley in the south west UK. She was my first ever dog and one of the best decisions ever in my life.

11. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Welcome from me & Coco on the Isle of Man. 8 months sounds like a long time, but before you know it, you will be in the throes of puppyhood!

12. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome to you from Mags, Tatze, Mollie and Keir from Manchester UK :hi:

Tatze is my pet dog, a black Lab and she's four years old. Tatze means 'paw' in German.

Mollie is my fourth Guide Dog puppy, a black Lab who is twelve months old. Keir is my fifth Guide Dog puppy, a yellow Golden Retriever/Flatcoat cross and he's seventeen weeks old.

13. EmmaHughes

EmmaHughes Registered Users

I'm Emma and I have a 10 week old chocolate Lab called Mason. It's definitely lots of fun but hard work. Be consistent have fun and there are great people on this forum

PawPrints likes this.