Help name a puppy!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by pippa@labforumHQ, Aug 13, 2012.

1. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Our own Carole is raising money for Medical Detection Dogs. You can read all about it in this article posted today.

If we can help Carole raise £500 we can help to name a puppy for MDD. You will need to join our Facebook page in order to vote. If you can spare a few moments and a few pounds for this worthy cause please visit Carole's Just Giving page and make a small donation.

Let's see how quickly we can get that £500 and have fun naming a puppy!

Pippa

2. pippa@labforumHQ

Re: Help name a puppy!!

Can those of you on facebook, see the comments under the post I have put up about Naming a Puppy? Not sure if they show up in people's feeds

I can't work out how to explain more clearly that there is no point putting the name in the comments on the FB page, any ideas anyone?

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Your (several) explanations are perfectly clear to me ;)

4. pippa@labforumHQ

Thanks Barbara, I think I will give up then :D :D

5. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

Thanks Pippa and to everyone else from the forum so far my total is up to £165 so £35 up since the article which isn't bad at all ;D ;D ;D

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

It's a great thing you are doing there Carole, good luck with it. Karen

7. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

I'm up to £207 on my just giving page which I'm thrilled at, I'm having a garage sale on sunday to raise more funds and my target from that is £100, I'm making dog biscuits to sell alongside my old stuff so if anyone happens to be in or near Bedfordshire please do come and say Hi :D

8. pippa@labforumHQ

Well done! and good luck with your garage sale :D

9. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

Woo hoo! cleared £200 from the garage sale so downhill to reach my first £500 target ;D ;D My friend Rog had Barney and Rusty for the day, with so much glassware on rickety pasting tables it was too risky to have them about! But Teasle was there with her jacket on to meet the public and she was a complete star. She's only been with me a week but all day with no tether she stayed on the drive and greeted everyone very politely, got lots of fuss and plenty of "wish my dog was as good as that". I was very proud of her although none of it is my doing! Her breeder has done an excellent job with her, she's going to make a great detection dog and ambassador for the charity.

10. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Carole the iPad is having a mince over the justgiving page....is there another route I can donate thru or do I need to crank up the laptop?

11. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

er beats me Barbera, I can't make any suggestions re the ipad except maybe go to the home page and search for my page from there in case it's my page link that's causing issues? There's more than one Carole Batchelor (never I hear you cry!) my page is carole-batchelor. I really appreciate your efforts! thanks!

12. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

The great news is I have now exceeded my £500 initial target so will be hopefully be naming a puppy at some point! I've now moved my target to be £4800 as this is how much is costs to train a dog to become a cancer detection dog. Plans to get there include my Mum holding a tea and cake afternoon and I'm organising a live music night at a local community pub - unfortunately the pub night won't be until March so will have to think of something to do at Xmas - any ideas welcome.