Help please...15 month old suddenly peeing and pooping inside

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by GreenLady55, Apr 5, 2017.

1. GreenLady55

GreenLady55 Registered Users

Looking for advice, I have a 15 month old lab who is suddenly peeing and pooping inside after not having done so even once since 6 months old. He has never had any accidents, and in the last week he has released his entire bladder in the hallway, peed one night on his bed (he sleeps in the laundry so plenty of room to move around and pee somewhere else), and last night peed and pooped in the laundry. He is happy and well, eating and drinking and seems absolutely fine within himself.
    The only thing that has happened is we have moved house, and whilst he was at his breeders while we were moving for three days he got attacked by his brother - quite badly I might add. Four deep puncture wounds and he went into shock - horrible. Could this somehow be related? and what on earth do I do?
    Cleaning up full grown labrador pee and poop in a new house is not my idea of a good time, we also have a young baby so it is not hygenic. Lost....

2. Granca

Granca Registered Users

If he seems fine in himself it could be a combination of the move, change of routine and the shock of the attack. Presumably he was checked over by a vet? The puncture wounds could cause infection, but if he seems happy and well this may not have happened. Does he still have his normal bed and bedding?
    I hope all is well tonight and it's just a temporary blip.

3. GreenLady55

Y
    Yes checked over by a vet and given some antibiotics, definitely no infection, everything has healed almost completely and he is really happy.
    Yep he has his normal bed and woolen blanket, and at our old place he also slept in the laundry which was the same size and shape which was kind of our thinking behind sleeping him in there, he feels like its the "same". It's a nice airy room but it keeps warm due to hot water cupboard.
    So strange... I really do hope it resolves

4. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

There's certainly enough going on I is life to have unsettled him - the stay at his breeder, being attacked by another dog and then instead of going 'home' he goes to a new house. Anyone of those situations could have affected. I would go back to puppy toilet training and even consider the re-introduction of a crate for when he has to be left or overnight.

5. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

It's not the same for him though as it will have strange smells, and not 'family' smells

6. GreenLady55

ok
    ok thank you - good advice. he has a nice big crate which we havent used in months and months, though he was always happy in there - would often walk in voluntarily for a snooze. I will reintroduce that for night time for a couple of weeks.

Jojo83 likes this.
  7. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

Let us know how you get on. I'm sure your boy will soon be back to his normal self :)

8. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Could you get up in the night for a few days and take him out for a wee/poo? He might be unsettled because of the house move and the attack will have an impact on him. Poor boy. Hope he settles soon.