Help please newbie here !

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Carebear32, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Carebear32

Carebear32 Registered Users

Hi all

It's getting closer and closer to getting izzy home!! We are going to see her Sunday 30th for the first time I can't wait. Just wondering what size crate do I start off with ? Also. Would this confuse Izzy. At night I want her to sleep in the utility room but during the day be in the kitchen with us. Moving the crate from one room in the day and then the other at night would this confuse her ? Thanks. Xxps how do I add photos from my iPhone thanks x

2. Carebear32

Help please ! Newbie here

Any one ?

3. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Re: Help please newbie here !

I started off with a small crate, puppy sized as the pup will then not soil its sleeping quarters, it was large enough to last my Lab until he was a year old. I had it in the utility room where I would pop him in it when he was tired, pups sleep a lot when little and of course where he slept at night. When he was awake he was with me and I had a bed for him in the living room. So you could do the same, just have the crate in utility room for puppy naps and all night sleeps.

Sorry I have no idea about photos and i-Phones :)

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Carebear,
    I agree with Stacia. Our crate was permanently in our kitchen, although we spend more time in the sunroom adjacent where Lilly had a soft bed.
    I think its more a case of being a bit of a pain to keep moving the crate rather than confusing your pup.

Can't help on the iPhone bit, but if you find the code for your picture on the Photobucket page and can copy it, just paste it into your text box (I think :-\ )

5. Carebear32

Thanks guys !

6. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

We used to move our crate around and it didn't cause us any problems. Good luck with your puppy :)

7. Karen

Karen Registered Users

We had her crate in the living room, next to our old dog's bed. In addition, we used baby gates to keep her out of the kitchen while I was cooking, or to give the old dog a bit of peace.

8. Naya

Naya Registered Users

For photos on iPhone etc create a Flickr account, upload your photos, when you go to the photo on Flickr it has a share button....you can select URL code, copy and paste this into a thread on her. This will allow people to see the photo via the link :)

9. Carebear32

Thanks for your replys ! Does anyone have a size like 36" or would I need smaller? Thanks.

10. Robbiep

Robbiep Registered Users

11. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

We went for a 36"
    Lilly used it as a bed (rather than latterly as confinement) until she was almost 3.
    We still use it for holidays.
    Lills is a smallish lab at 25kg adult weight if that helps. We didn't use a divider as such as that was pre bountiful knowledge from the forum days ;)

12. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

For best results, you need a small crate for the first four months (or a larger one with a divider) You can see the ones I recommend here The nine week old puppy at the top shows you just how 'cosy' the crate needs to be if you don't want her to wee inside it.