HELP....Puppy Diarrhea

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Coreycs79, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Coreycs79

Coreycs79 Registered Users

Hello,
    New to the forum and at my wits end here. We have a 14 week old black lab pup that we have had since he was 8 weeks.

Since we have had him we haven’t been able to get out of the woods on the whole diarrhea front and would like some likeminded peeps to share some thoughts. After rounds or chicken and rice and three different foods I’m stumped. Here’s what has occurred thus far:
    • Deworming to scratch parasites off the list. Panacor and one shoot administered at 12 week checkup
    • Chicken and rice diet 5-7 day
    • Antibotics and probiotics, scratch bacterial infection off the list
    • Slowly introduced Royal Canin puppy GI, (endosorb three times a day)prescribed by vet, seemed okay for a few days then diarrhea again
    • Back on chicken and rice.
    • Slowly introduced Royal Canin Lab Puppy, seemed okay for a few days, then boom diarrhea again.
    • Back chicken and rice with the endosorb.
    • Bought Hills puppy large breed. Slowly introduced. Got to 75% new food and 25% chicken and rice, doing okay. Then we bumped up to 100% new food, okay for a few BM’s, than boom, back to diarrhea, just let him out at 1:00AM for a blow out.
    • Back to chicken and rice later this morning
    So that’s the just of it. No additional treats or rawhide, etc. He’s a very happy pup nonetheless, and full of energy. Eats well, gaining weight (29.5lbs), drinks well.

I’m just burned out here. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Corey

2. Sukhpreet Aujla

Sukhpreet Aujla Registered Users

Try cutting the chicken out? I moved my pup to a kibble that had more chicken and protein in (better nutritional value was main reason) and her stools got softer and softer, when I transitioned her back to her original food which had no chicken her stools became firm again straight away. If you are in the UK Soopa do good carrot and pumpkin treats which are good for a sensitive stomach. Try reducing the chicken and protein and see if it helps at all