Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by o.healy215, Mar 6, 2013.

1. o.healy215

o.healy215 Registered Users

I am new to the forum and own two labradors, was just wondering if anyone had tried Pero Labrador Life dog food? as I am looking to change their food at the moment and I'm struggling as to which one to choose any feedback would be great. :)

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Re: Hi everyone

Hi there,
    Can't help you with the food question I'm afraid, but welcome to the forum ;D

Pippa

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hi and welcome from me and mine too :)I guess its a choice we all make , many on here feed a raw diet, meaty bones, raw meat and chicken wings along with veg and some fruit . Many others feed kibble, which is just fine, its personal choice as to which route we take .
    I feed CSJ kibble, its only available via stockists who are listed on their website and formulated using no additives , colourings or nasties . I suppliment by adding heart, or fish and usually veg too , plus the odd bit of apple , using less of the kibble to allow for the other foods . They also make a food which is wheat free, containing potato and salmon , they will send samples too if you contact them via the website which is www.csjk9.com
    There are many other very good dry foods on the market , just look out for colourings which can cause dogs to be hyper and not good for them at all . " Which " magazine also has a website where almost all dogs foods are listed along with an analysis , very useful tool , good luck it can be a minefield :)

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi there,
    Haven't heard about this one before. I'm a bit unusual I think and use a mix of Pro-plan (which our vet gave) and Asda Hero (which she arrived with). We had trouble with runny poos when we tried moving her off the Hero to anything, even doing it slowly. I would like to get her on a single source of dry kibble but really given up on it just now. Hubby says we should stick with what we are doing since her weight is perfect 25kg (she's a light-weight!) and in pretty good condition except for her dodgy hips :)
    There is a bit about it on Labradorforums, not a significant number of users, but nothing bad, sounds like some of the rescues were using it.
    Good luck with whatever you use!

Jacqui

5. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hi there and welcome! How old are your dogs, and why in particular are you looking to change their diet?

I fed my dogs various different brands of kibble for 17 years, and then last year I changed to raw, and am completely sold on it. If you are at all interested in trying raw feeding, there are several articles on it here on the website. I can enthusiastically recommend it.