Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by doggyStalebcv, Oct 7, 2016.

1. doggyStalebcv

doggyStalebcv Registered Users

I just got my labrador and this is my first dog and have no idea what should I do now. Her name is Cookie. She's 2 months old. Can you help me with some advices?

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I would recommend you get yourself a copy of the Happy Puppy Handbook, which explains so much about the early days of puppy ownership. The main site also has loads of information, right here: http://www.thelabradorsite.com/labrador-puppies/

3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Hello there,
    Welcome to the Labrador Forum.There is a huge collection of information within the Boards.
    As to helping you with advice ,that's a very general appeal and is tricky to understand exactly where you need help.
    I would expect that your breeder has sent you away with instructions for the feeding regime and also information about your puppy's vaccination status? You should make an appointment with a vet as soon as possible for a thorough checkup and to make sure the vaccinations regime proceeds correctly.
    Your biggest challenges at this stage are settling your puppy in comfortably,toilet training and probably dealing with disrupted nights when your puppy may be missing their litter mates and will have toileting needs that will mean you have to get up.
    Pippa has written a really comprehensive guide called The Happy Puppy Handbook.I really recommend you get hold of a copy ,it will help you immensely.Also read through the Puppy Board.There you will find a lot of articles written about specific issues and a lot of questions posted by other new puppy owners.....
    Best Wishes
    Angela

4. edzbird

edzbird Registered Users

Hello to you & Cookie..I hope she's settling in well. Previous-puppy-owners will give you lots of advice, just ask. I've only had grown-up dogs, so no experience with the very young ones.

5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hey hey :hi:

6. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

7. Jonathan Wang

Jonathan Wang Registered Users

Hi welcome!
    Few handy tips get alot of old cloths for pee cleaning! Get some no marking natural urine cleanup sprays.
    When she starts chewing on everything including your arms ankles feet, she's doing it cause she loves you and cause all lab pups think they are half croco.
    Good luck!

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi there, how are things going with Cookie?

9. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Welcome to the forum, any photos of Cookie, we would love to see them.

10. doggyStalebcv

Hi, friends!
    First I want to say thank you to all of you for your answers, for all this useful information that you gave me and the articles and books that you recommend me. Thank you!
    Cookie is good - growing up and with every day she is getting more playful and wants you to pay more and more attention. We got the first vaccination and next week we going to have the other one.
    I got her dog pee pads and fist week everything was perfect. And was thinking she likes to pee oh her pads but now she is peeing everywhere especially when I'm there. When I'm out she going and pee on the pads but when I'm around her she doesn't do it. Even that she pee over me few times... Can you please give me some advice, how can I solve this problem.
    I asked some friends with other dogs and they told me that this is normal and after few months all will be good.

11. doggyStalebcv

12. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

No, it won't, you will need to train her. Go out with her regularly and praise her for peeing outside. If you are not there then pads are fine, but don't leave her for long, she needs lots of help and company at her age. When you are home take all the pads up.

If she doesn't pee outside carry her for a while until you think she's 'ready' then try again.

We are doing this with Mollie in the freezing cold and rain - so I do understand!!

:)