Hip dysplasia

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Lfm, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Lfm

Lfm Registered Users

Hi everyone, Mabel is 4 months old today and for the last week or so we have noticed her hip clicking when she sits or lies down, sometimes even when she squats to wee. It's not all of the time but it has raised alarm bells, and because I'm a bit of a worrier I took her to the vets yesterday even though she hasn't shown any symptoms of pain/discomfort. Vet felt her hips and watched her walking and said there were no abnormalities as of yet. So I was just wondering what could be causing the clicking other than hip dysplasia? She is also a bit of a jumper, which is worrying as obviously it doesn't help her hips, is there any way I can try and deter her from jumping up/onto furniture etc? She just runs and leaps and it's really hard to stop her!

2. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

If instead of your pup jumping on the sofa she was jumping into an open fire, you would find a way to stop her :D I can't remember mine ever wanting to go on the sofa, or jump on the bed, most unusual! My previous dogs of a different breed used to. Can't remember how I stopped them now, perhaps rewarding them for not doing it, or horror of horrors, saying NO!

Lfm and Karen like this.