Hooligan Labrador, with a large audience, in a hotel....

Discussion in 'Clicker Training' started by JulieT, Aug 6, 2015.

1. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

My dogs are going on their holidays and I'm going without them as I didn't get any with dog class places. I shall be deputising for Julie as and when required. Soooooooooo looking forward to Charlie cuddles :D

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Must resist the temptation, when Charlie misbehaves, to thrust the lead into Barbara's hand and give her a "for goodness sake, train your dog" look....:D:D:D

3. Lochan

Lochan Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Bwahahaha

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Come on Charlie we'll leave her behind if she's embarrassed by us :cool: :cool: :cool:

5. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

6. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Ok, well I managed to get the car unloaded and Charlie in the room without him peeing on anything.

Everyone is absolutely immaculately behaved around dogs. Whenever Charlie goes to say hello (obviously I don't want him to but that's just the dog he is), people say "I'll stand back as no doubt you'll be waiting for calm". Haha....yeah, I sometimes do...when I have enough time!

Charlie got out of the car like the Tasmanian Devil he is, and tried to drag me through reception passed a lot of extremely well behaved dogs all wearing perfect fit harnesses (mine was in my dog bag!). So I stuck a tasty sea wrap on his nose just so I could look like I've trained my dog a bit.. .got round the corner out of sight, gave Charlie his sea wrap - at which point he became a Tasmanian Devil again.....and walked right into Emily Larlham..

But it's ok, room service delivers wine! :) :) :)

7. UncleBob

UncleBob Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That's your card marked then! You and Charlie will be invited out to help with a demonstration and to enjoy your 15 minutes of fame ;)

8. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Ummm.......I so wished I'd worked harder on that Kikopup video to teach your dog to look at you after you give him a treat for walking nicely, instead of turning back into a Tasmanian Devil...just didn't get round to it....:D:D:D

9. Bruer

Bruer Registered Users

Lol..Look forward to the forums first viral video :p

10. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

:D:D:D HeeHee (somewhat nervously.....:D !)

11. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Heaven.

Heaven on a stick.

12. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

:D
    Have fun Julie.
    Will love hearing all your stories ;)

13. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hehehe, well done Charlie. It's always good to make an impression!

14. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Have a great day Julie. Looking forward to the update!

15. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

I can't wait to hear how you get on ,Barbara too.....by the time you are reading this,Charlie should be be all 'Zen' and you and Barbara may be drunk! Have a brilliant time x

16. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

HaHa - it's been a really tiring day.

The hooligan is sorry to disappoint his fans, but he wasn't too much of a hooligan at all, really. Well, he showed flashes of his usual brilliance in trying to eat someone's hair (it was hanging down over the back of her chair tho') and then jumping on a person who was repeatedly clicking her ballpoint pen (unfortunately it was the same woman).....:eek:

Apart from that, he was pretty well behaved - minor stuff like flirting with all the other dogs in class and trying to get them to play, but nothing too outrageous.

Was very interesting indeed though - just off out to the dinner but will write up the stuff I learned later.

17. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Well done Charlie

18. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Do you ever stop to think what it would be like if all your training turns Charlie into the perfectly-behaved dog? No more hair eating exploits! :eek:

19. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ooooooooh come and talk.....sounds like day 1 went great,but more details please And.....what is Emily Larlham like in real life? .....does she drink Atomic Dog Cocktails and sing karaoke in the hotel bar when all the dog training is over?

20. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Too busy.....have trained with great people....it's great though. No GoPro. Because not allowed to video but will ask to use it just to show Charlie.