House training going backwards?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Caroline 64, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Caroline 64

Caroline 64 Registered Users

I have had my lab puppy for 2 weeks (she is 9 weeks old) and house training has been going really well with very few accidents in the house (been following Pippa's regime and out every 30 minutes etc). All of a sudden she now keeps weeing on the floor after only 10 minutes or so back in having weed outside. I am doing everything that I think I should be, including thoroughly cleaning it up and not punishing her but I am getting really despondent, especially as it was going so well. Up to today she only had an accident every few days? Any ideas why the sudden set-back?

2. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

What are you cleaning the floor with? If it has ammonia in it, pups think it smells like Pee. Clean with soap and an enzyme cleaner, especially if it is an absorbent surface.

3. Caroline 64

Caroline 64 Registered Users

Thanks. I am using a special 'dog' cleaner so don't think it has beach on it. Also, she is not doing it in the same place?

4. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Maybe she has a urine infection ? That is not uncommon, otherwise keep treating her outside when she goes and ignore the rest. She will get there, she is still so young with a tiny unstable bladder.

Caroline 64 likes this.