Housetraining

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by judyscout, Oct 10, 2015.

1. judyscout

judyscout Registered Users

50 pound 7 month old lab puppy still needs to go out 2 to 4 times a night to pee and sometimes poop. Had accidental wet in front of door last night. Was I so tired from interrupted sleep for 4 months that I missed her request to go outside? Pee looks clear, no smell but maybe there is infection? Time for vet?

2. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your problem. Do you have your dog in a crate at night? When does he have his last meal and drink before bed time?

3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

4. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Poor you, you must be exhausted.

She really should be "going through the night" now.

What do you use to clear up her accidents? Unless you use a proper enzyme cleaner like "Simple Solution", the smell (to her fantastically sensitive nose) will linger and tell her this is the place to pee. Don't think I am questioning your housewifely skills, no human could detect this smell.

It may well be worth a trip to the Vets. Molly had a urinary infection when she was a pup, it didn't smell or anything, just frequency. I asked the question on the forum, just as you have done, was advised by the lovely ladies here to get her checked out. Saw vet that afternoon, he prescribed an antibiotic and it stopped the problem in its tracks.

5. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hi Judy how are things going? Did you take your puppy to the vet?