Huevos .. and poo!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by snowbunny, Nov 14, 2014.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

My beautiful, refined girl had her first taste of sheep poo this morning. She didn't look as disgusted as I did. And so it begins...

Then, we met two what I think were Vizslas. One obviously young one (found out he is a year old) and one old one (13 years old). They both belted straight up to Willow, who ran away and cowered a bit. Their body language was positive, so I called her back rather than panicking, although I was quite worried because they had her in a bit of a corner. Still, nothing untoward happened and after a few minutes, she was chasing the young one back. He knocked her over once, but she wasn't bothered by it and leapt back at him. I had a little chat with the owner (Spanish) and after a while, we went our separate ways. Willow ran up to the guy for one more greeting, and he called out, from about ten metres away, asking what her name was. I replied, putting a Spanish inflection on it... "Weelo". He looked confused, "Heuvos?". Er, no. Willow. Heuvos means "eggs" (or gonads) in Spanish! I'm not quite sure how he got that from "Weelo"! :D

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Huevos .. and poo!

LOLOL ;D

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

*sniggers*
    ;D

4. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hehe!!

You did right. The more confident you are with other dogs, the more confident she will be. And being bowled over is normal for puppies!

They need to meet off lead and learn to play with the playful dogs, be polite to the polite ones, avoid the snappy yappy ones and give a very wide birth to the snarly ones!

(An excellent way for us humans to behave with each other too imo :) )

Tatze has this etiquette completely sorted. Gypsy is learning, but the only way to learn is to try it out - not for me to remove her at the slightest snarl or snap.

5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Our friend has a beautiful black lab who is about nine months older than Pongo. She is the most athletic, FAST dog I've ever met (even faster than Harley, says Pongo). They first met when Pongo was about 12 weeks and he was completely overwhelmed by her - couldn't keep up with her, bowled over several times (literally), quite bedazzled, had to hide under the garden table, and in the end ran back to the house!

Every time we've met since then the tables have gradually turned. No-one bowls Pongo over now :eek:, and I'm sure he loves the fact that he can now keep up with her (for short distances anyway!). They are the absolute best of friends and no ill-effects from their tempestuous first meeting...

6. snowbunny

Oh, she's had worse! But the last time, it was from a dog I knew was a complete softy, despite being the size of a suburban semi-detached. Notknowing these two made me a bit nervous, but the body language, especially from the youngster, was completely "Play! PLAY! PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!" :D
    I think they'll have fun when Willow's older - although we won't do that route much when she can walk further.

7. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=8743.msg123859#msg123859 date=1415950703]
    I replied, putting a Spanish inflection on it... "Weelo". He looked confused, "Heuvos?". Er, no. Willow. Heuvos means "eggs" (or gonads) in Spanish! I'm not quite sure how he got that from "Weelo"! :D
    [/quote]

Bi-lingual names are great. A couple near us (in Wales) have a new labrador puppy named Hywel. Which is a good old Welsh name - and is pronounced "Howl"! Isn't that a great name for a dog? ;D

8. snowbunny

That is an awesome name! If only we were Welsh :D

9. Loopyloo30

Loopyloo30 Registered Users

ha ha... Gonad, what a GREAT name for a little pup! ;D ;D ;D ;D

10. snowbunny

[quote author=Loopyloo30 link=topic=8743.msg123881#msg123881 date=1415959358]
    [/quote]

Should I add it to the list? ;)

11. Loopyloo30

Loopyloo30 Registered Users

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=8743.msg123887#msg123887 date=1415960102]
    [quote author=Loopyloo30 link=topic=8743.msg123881#msg123881 date=1415959358]
    [/quote]

Should I add it to the list? ;)
    [/quote]

It's a strong name - definitely :p

12. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

;D

13. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Maybe the second pup should be called Bacon??? ;D

14. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

That made me smile..."huevos...eggs.." :) :)

I think Odin is a beautiful name for light gold labrador :)

15. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Scrolled through today's news without chipping in ,just want to say :D ;D ;D ;D..ll