I don't know what to think or what to do help

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by mom2labs, Jun 1, 2019.

1. mom2labs

mom2labs Registered Users

This evening we had a scary incident happen. We were getting ready to leave and just as we were getting in the car we heard our dog barking aggressively like a very short dog fight. I went up to see what was going on and didn't really expect to see anything as our lab puppy (14 months) and 12 year old lab get a long. However, when I came in the house, the puppy came up to the door and our older dog then walked over and when he did the puppy growled at him and wrinkled his nose and at that moment drips of blood started dripping on the floor. My only guess as to what happened is our older dog always tries to hump the puppy, well 14 months now and he DOES NOT LIKE it, and when Harley does it we tell him off but the puppy does growl at him and bark at him which sounds aggressive so I know he doesn't like. They have NO other issues, is this something to be concerned about? I don't know that he meant to do it but he obviously was mad. I'm so worried, I should also mention that if the puppy is just growling when it's low I don't think our 12 year old can hear it because he is very hard of hearing.

2. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Yes I would be very concerned. It will get worse not better. I think you need to get a dog behaviourist to come in as soon as possible, and give you advice on how to desensitise and counter condition both dogs.

3. mom2labs

mom2labs Registered Users

I thought of that last night but I can't seem to find any dog "behaviorist" near me. A lot of dog training but nothing that seems to touch on any kind of aggression. I'm going to make some phone calls for sure today