I knew it !

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Oct 25, 2012.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

All the praise has gone to his head ::) Its been a nice day here in Cornwall so I`ve been pruning back some of the shrubs , carefully chopping up all the waste and putting it all into tubs for the tip tomorrow . Sam had been solemnly following me round , watching every move and stayed out when I came in to make a pot of tea . Oportunity presented and was obviously too much for him because when I went back out, he had scattered all the clippings across the lawn and lay there looking mightily pleased with himself at his gardening efforts ::)

2. David

David Registered Users

Re: I knew it !

He is clearly a free spirit!

3. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Bless him!

Riley likes to help with the gardening in exactly the same way except he's not subtle enough to wait til my back is turned. He also helps Ben when he's filling the woodshed, selecting the choicest cuts for gnawing on......from the bottom of the pile of course :D

4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Poppy has declared war on what was a beautiful bush of Michaelmass daisies that I am very fond of. Every opportunity she is out there like a dart, ripping it to pieces and digging up the roots. ::)

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I was always most bemused as to why my great hostas (well....great for my garden!) had been so pathetic the last year or so..........until I realised the new leaves were being scoffed by a certain big black slug almost as soon as they appeared.
    Its a shame I can't train her to just eat the weeds. ::)

Jac

6. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

I'm wondering if "chewstop" is harmful to plants? If not it might be worth a go?

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I sprayed one of the anti-chew preps onto one of my plants and it died :(
    Can't remember which one - they were all pretty useless.
    I was a bad mum and used chilli powder in washing-up liquid as recommended by a colleague. Worked a treat. Used it on my planter edges too, but rain washes it off. Only really needs one lick to work though ;D
    jac

8. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

My Lab pup did an amazing job of pruning a rather nice Hydrangea which was in a pot. I had always been scared of pruning it in case I did it incorrectly. His pruning has produced the most wonderful blooms this year :D