I need a fire guard any suggestions please

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Newbie Lab Owner, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Newbie Lab Owner

Newbie Lab Owner Registered Users

Hi, with my heating packing up, yet again (groan), I need an extendable fire guard. I purchased one from Argos the other day but it was so flimsy I returned it. I've been searching online but wondered if anyone on here uses one and can recommend a sturdy make. The one I had 28 years ago was brilliant, much stronger than my resent purchase. My dining room is always cold even when heating is working. If Dexter's in his crate I can zap on the gas fire but if he's not I can't risk putting it on.

2. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I've got a beautiful (and quite expensive ) fire guard from Garden Requisites. I figured I'd spend a lot of time looking at it though :)

3. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Heavy, good looking fire guards are expensive things. :( I got a good one from Jim Lawrence. I reckon it'll last forever. Good job....

I don't have fire guards on my wood burners though. Charlie put his nose close to one when he was a pup, I think his whisker got a bit burned but no damage to his nose, and that was that. He never went too close to them again.

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I probably wouldn't bother if it was just the dogs Lizzie toddling around made it essential though :)

5. Newbie Lab Owner

Newbie Lab Owner Registered Users

Thank you, we have a lovely heavy expensive one in the lounge but it's too small for the old gas fire in dining room. I'm more worried about his wagging tail or a toy. I know we keep saying about getting a new type of heater but this one works really well, so not sure about spending £200 to £300 just yet.
    Having been involved when our hotel burned down last month, I'm even more nervous. Plenty of clothes I think Until I find one that suits what I need.