Illegal Activities.......

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Dexter, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Allow me to introduce my friend 's Husband Diago.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97066992@N03/sets/72157634717331950/

He came and played lookout for us.......so we could do this......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97066992@.comN03/sets/72157634710791711/

Yay,yay,yay!Finally!we had a brilliant time,if you don't count the 2 heart stopping moments when Dexter did a massive leap into the sea and went under,only to bob up paddling like mad to chase Loco....
    Rose and Diago found this bit of private beach next to an unoccupied Villa on the the Palm Jumeirah....it's owned by a private developer NOT the municipality so we would get told off by the private security company if they saw us NOT the police....we were only there for 20 minutes and it was a bit hectic...
    The dogs are both the same age and both tussle good naturedly until they get tired trying to decide who is the boss.....so my idea of Dexter and I cautiously moving into the water step by ster were a total pipe dream !The 30 m lead shot through my hands like there was a great white on the end and he was off after Loco!It was more dangerous having it on him with us being in there too so when everything calmed down a bit,I just held either side of his harness and he was away,paddling like a dream.i guess salt water won't be the best for my dogs sensitive tummy but so far no ill effects he didn't lap too much up,but Im expecting a sick up at some point today.I hope it doesn't upset him too much because the sea is really our only outdoor swimming .it was all a bit chaotic with splashing ,wrestling and human voices but ill take him on my own and calm it all down a bit with some training....on a very optimistic point though,his recall was really good.

And when it was all over fond farewells......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97066992@N03/sets/72157634710791711/

And a blummin good shower for everybody concerned when we got home.....what were we saying earlier about stinky dogs!!!

2. Dexter

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: Illegal Activities.......

Sooooooo pleased for you!!!!

I've stayed on the Palm Jumeira, and remember thinking how lovely it would be for dogs... If only they were allowed!!!

Bet Dexter had a ball! ;D

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

fantastic! Two of the photos work...

So pleased for Dexter! He looks to be having a great time! Must have been such a relief to get him in the water....

And here we all are, tempting puppies into puddles - Dexter just dives in the sea!

Well done, great stuff.

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Lovely photo Angela, must have been wonderful for them both ( and you too ) ;D

6. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

lovely photo ......bet they had an amazing time :)

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Forgot to say - Charlie doesn't have a sensitive tummy at all, so might be different for Dexter. But sea water just seems to "pass through" - rapidly, he wees on the beach lots and lots - with no ill effects whatsoever, no vomiting either.

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

So pleased for you!
    Well done ;D
    Hip hip hooray for Diago!!!

9. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

So glad the long-awaited trip finally worked out! Hope it's the beginning of a long life of crime for you!! ;D ;)

10. Dexter

Thankyou everybody...it was like MY first trip to the beach, how many false starts have we had ::) Julie ,when he disappeared under I'd have swapped tip toe into the puddles for anything.....luckily it was only the depth of my waist,just enough for him to be off the bottom.can't believe there was no poorlyness this afternoon,number 2's a bit loose but that can happen if you look at him wrong !(sorry anyone eating !)
    Karen,have you got friends living on The Palm or was it a hotel holiday?when were you here?anyone passing through....there's a dog that would love to take you on a desert walk ;D so always look us up 8)

11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

We have a friend with a beautiful apartment on the Palm, and just stayed for a weekend in February, as part of a trip to Abu Dhabi and Oman. I do travel to the Middle East most years; next time I'm over I'll definitely let you know!

12. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

That's great that Dexter had a swim in the sea!! Yay!! The water looks great too.

13. Dexter

Bummer,we got busted last night.....Chris got home early from work so we decided to have a run down to the beach......we'd had a bout 20 mins ( which was enough really) when a Security man appeared.He didn't mention the dog but said we had to move the car as parking wasnt allowed where we are .Bless them,they are all Indian,with very little English or assertiveness and having to tell Chris an English guy probably scared the living day lights out of him,some people are so disrespectful to them!not us!too scared of it going to the next level,we were out the water,towelled off ,dog and humans and back in the car faster than you could say Swimming Not Allowed!
    Am gutted I didn't get a video of our little Dex paddling like the clappers making his funny little grunty noise ...not sure if its enjoyment or strain!!!he's such a good swimmer!although he trots in like a horse doing Dressage when we make him go in slowly......Glad Chris got to go in with him before our fun has ended :(
    Another moot point ......the ziggurat is discontinued :mad: so the ELC red crab has been ordered,hopefully delivery by the weekend!

14. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

O no! Darn it. But at least you got a swim - you'll just have to find somewhere else for your criminal activities..

Look forward to the red crab pics!

15. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Bummer :(

Bring on the Red Crab.

16. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

On the bright side, at least you didn't get a fine.....

Sucks, though! Hopefully you can find another spot....or maybe you could find a place nearby where you CAN park????

As long as Dexter doesn't have his pic hanging in the "most wanted" gallery, mind.... ;)