Insurance

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Topi Topaz, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Topi Topaz

Topi Topaz Registered Users

Hi everyone,
    I am researching pet insurance. We have the 5 weeks kennel club insurance from the breeder, I am looking what next, and was wondering if any of you could share your experience. Were you happy with the insurance company when you made a claim etc...? It's hard to know what lies ahead and what is the best thing to do...Will be grateful for any advice. Thanks

2. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

I would like some advice also please, I dont understand the different policies

Thanks

3. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

We got 4 weeks free insurance from pet plan at the vets.

At the end of it they gave us a quote and it was going to work out around £35 a month for Stanley to have smallest cover, I'd heard good things so I was going to go with them.

Then my auntie who has a bulldog mentioned she is with Argos. Poor Betty hasn't had much luck in her short 2 years and has had numerous nose jobs and suffers from quite severe epilepsy. But apparently Argos were brilliant and never complained about any of the vet bills . So we went with them. We haven't had to make a claim as yet *touch wood* but hopefully all will be well.

Definitely get a lifetime policy though!

4. Boru

Boru Registered Users

N go for life policy because as your dog gets older the premiums will go up. We have ours with petinsureance.co.UK with one rescue dog. Found better cover than Argos and tesco.

5. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

We just got lifetime cover with Pet Plan. - few on here recommended them and most said they hadn't had any difficulty with claims

6. 20180815

20180815 Guest

We are with Vetsure. They have excellent reviews and our vet works with them so figured we'd give them a whirl. No idea how good they are re: claims as we haven't had to make any yet.

7. Topi Topaz

Topi Topaz Registered Users