Interesting experiment

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Nov 26, 2012.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

First of all , Ihave to confess that when in my kitchen , I have local radio on and tend to jig about a bit to music ::) The radio station often plays one particular song which I love and , as Sam is always in the kitchen with me , we jig about together to this song which he thinks is great fun .
    So , as an experiment yesterday , in our sitting room whilst he was dozing, I got this song on Youtube and watched what he would do, if anything . Immediately,he lifted his head, then got up wagging his tail and came over to me :) I then turned it off, let him lay down again and tried another song on Youtube, no response whatsoever, so it would seem that these brilliant dogs not only recognise many words, but familiar music too :)

2. David

David Registered Users

Re: Interesting experiment

Well there you go!

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

In fairness David, this particular song ( Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5 ) does have an intro that sounds like a whistle :) :)

4. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

Oh I think it's the music kate. My dog trainer told a story of a lady who always walked her dog after watching neighbours so the dog learned to go get her lead as soon as she heard the theme tune...