Introduction and anxious support

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Georgina, May 5, 2019.

1. Georgina

Georgina Registered Users

Hi!
    I'm an experienced dog owner looking for some advice with one of our labs.
    She is 14 months old one of pair of siblings (yes I know but we worked super hard with this!) we also have an older lab and a JR all bitches all very balanced, well adjusted and well trained.
    Despite lots and lots of socialiasion from 8 weeks with and without her sister and the other dogs and all training based on positive reinforcement and absolutely no negative experiences she is quite nervous around people she doesn't know at home. We also run a care farm and she is totally relaxed having people around all day, she can obviously recognise them all. Its just strangers.
    As she has got bigger this has become more noticeable and she barks, dances around with her hackles up. I am wondering if anyone has any tips ?
    Many thanks

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Georgina, I'm afraid I don't have any advice but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and make sure your post doesn't go unanswered. You might find that if you post your problem on the behaviour board with a little more detail in the title, you're more likely to get the attention of the people who can make good suggestions. Good luck and please let us know how you get on!