Ironic news

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by kateincornwall, Nov 14, 2012.

1. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I have kept in touch with Sams breeder , she loves to see photos of all the pups and recently e mailed me requesting a photo of Sam now that he is a big boy . We took Sam to see them back in Feb this year , they were so pleased to see him so I e mailed her a photo yesterday . She has replied thanking me and adding that Sams Mum is in season and being put to the same sire next week, hoping for pups which will be ready in early spring . This will be her third and last litter as she will be 6 years old in April , its very tempting indeed as at least we know the lineage of both parents so it would cut out having to find a responsible breeder :)

2. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Ironic news

Ooooh if you believe in fate........

God luck with your decision :) have you seen any of Sams siblings? Were they all the same colour? Very tempting indeed!

3. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

very tempting! I wouldn't blame you at all for going for it - you've got a great idea of what you'd be letting yourself in for - I don't know about ironic - perhaps the universe working it's magic...

4. kateincornwall

I am a true fatalist :) Both parents are black but carry yellow , Sams litter were a mix . When we took Sam back to see them, we met a brother who lives locally to them, plus his Mum ,Grandmother and Aunt , all lovely dogs . When we picked Sam, the breeder showed me letters and photos of the first litter two years previous , it seems that they produce lovely calm dogs but knowing our luck, we would end up with a manic one :)

5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Sounds perfect, things always happen for a reason, maybe you have already made your mind up!! Good luck. Helen :)

6. Lynda

Lynda Registered Users

Definitely sounds like the universe is working its magic ... Spring will be perfect timing ....and you know the lineage ...it all fits together beautifully. Sam will be thrilled too! :)
    Lynda

7. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Awww Kate, I know what I would be doing right now... And signing on the bottom line would be a significant part of that!!!!!!! ;)

8. kateincornwall

Thank you . Being the minefield that it is to find a good honest breeder , it would certainly take away all the worry . I know that health tests are no guarantee of a healthy puppy but it goes a long way , this breeder was fantastic , never ever tried to push us but produced all the necessary paperwork, hip scores eye tests etc . and being able to see photos of the previous litter was great too .

Just read your post Karen :) :) Breeder is letting us know as soon as a pregnancy is confirmed by the scan , and then I reckon we will be signing on that bottom line x

9. David

David Registered Users

Oooh! So tempting but I don't think I'm allowed another one to keep Lady company! :)

10. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh go on David you know you want to!! Helen

11. bbrown

Small yellow dog to keep small black dog company? ;)

12. kateincornwall

You really are naughty, but its funny too :)

13. David

David Registered Users

Nooo! Don't. I'm having puppy withdrawal symptoms. Met an 9 week old Black Lab on our morning walk - she was georgeous. Go on Kate you have to do it! Put your name down on one.

14. kateincornwall

Done it :) Got first pick too, thats assuming that she gets pregnant of course but they have used the same sire twice and no misses :) :)
    Its a lovely run down to Hatherleigh David :) :)

15. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Wonderful news, it sounded like you wouldn't be able to resist the pitter patter of tiny paws!! Helen x :)

16. bbrown

Yay!! Everything crossed for you here :)

17. Moorlands

Moorlands Registered Users

Fingers crossed for you Kate, a brother (or sister) for Sam what could be better? Fantastic news. :)

Sometimes things are meant to be. I had something similar, I needed Maia's pedigree and couldn't find it, the Kennel Club sent a duplicate but to her breeders not to me. They contacted me (I'd lost their details except for address and was going to turn up on their door step next year!) about the pedigree so I asked about the possibility of puppies next year and they're planning a litter, like you I already have my name down and if all goes according to plan will have Juno and Maia's great niece to join the tribe.

18. kateincornwall

Thats lovely news Kerryn, puppies rule :)

19. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Well done! ;D
    Fingers crossed for you!

Jacqui

20. Karen

Karen Registered Users

That's super news Kate... Very happy for you and Sam! :)