Is my puppy a cross breed?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by EmmaTeddy, Apr 22, 2021.

1. EmmaTeddy

EmmaTeddy Registered Users

Hi all, I'm new to the site but I have been getting amazing information from it since I got my puppy. Teddy (a female) is 5 months now. I've had 3 labradors previous to Teddy. This is the first one I've had that everyone asks "What breed is she?". I bought her as a pure breed (no papers so really no guarantee!). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind if she is a mixed breed as I adore her, but I'm just really curious to know what she could be mixed with and also to be aware of any health issues of the other breed if mixed. Has anyone used DNA testing? Is it reliable?

2. Ann Quare

Ann Quare Registered Users

Hi we are exactly the same have had 3 previous labs but this one everyone asks what breed she is !! . Saw picture of Dad and meet Mum both labs

Deboragh likes this.
  3. Edp

Edp Registered Users

I think unless you have a dog registered with the Kennel Club, it’s hard to be sure. The DNA tests seem pretty reliable, try a search on here as a few have used them in the past. Super interesting to find out.

Robert1991, EmmaTeddy and Deboragh like this.
  4. EmmaTeddy

EmmaTeddy Registered Users

Hi Ann, your puppy is so cute and sort of looks a little like Teddy. Not in my current pic but in general.

5. Martha B

Martha B Registered Users

She is adorable!
    I have a question that I hope someone can answer and I hope it is normal.
    I have a 5 month old female Labrador and when we got her, her belly was pink and her toenails were white. At about 3 months her belly started to turn dark as well as the rest of her skin. Her toenails are now black. Is this normal?

6. Robert1991

Robert1991 Registered Users

@Edp Agreed with your view.

Edp likes this.