Is my puppy depressed?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Vicci, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Vicci

Vicci Registered Users

Hi all to cut a long story short my friend had a lab who is the brother to my puppy and sadly she couldn't keep him. We use to walk together every day. Now my puppy seems depressed. He's not he's bouncy self. Any ideas how to cheer him up? Tia

2. EmmaHughes

EmmaHughes Registered Users

Hi and welcome from myself and Mason.
    Maybe you could get something with his scent on? Just an idea you may have probably done this and I’m sure someone will come along with better ideas.

Vicci likes this.
  3. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

He's just used to walking with a friend who isn't there now. Just help to adapt to the new walking by playing, training and interacting with him. When he knows all his fun comes from you on his walks he'll soon have his bounce back.

Vicci likes this.
  4. Vicci

Vicci Registered Users

Thank you. Will see if I can get some thing with his smell in it. If I get his ball and start throwing it he'll play where as normally he will bring it to me to play. Might give it a week or so and see how he is. X

5. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Your puppy will be missing his brother and feeling sad, but with time he will adjust and become her happy self again. You will become his focus in life for all the fun.

6. EmmaHughes

EmmaHughes Registered Users

It might just help, I will be thinking after you. Small steps remember it will be fine

7. Vicci

Vicci Registered Users

It's only been a few days so guessing time will help. At home his fine it's just when we go for walks he waits for him. I'm gonna try a different walk way and see if that helps. Thanks