Is this a puppy teething issue?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by lokithelab, Oct 5, 2018.

1. lokithelab

lokithelab Registered Users

hi all,

My partner and myself have a 3 month old puppy and the last few nights have been a nightmare....when we first got our little one he would sleep all night apart from waking up once maybe twice for the toilet and would go straight back to sleep.

Over the last couple of nights the minute we head up to bed all he wants to do is chew the wooden bed frame, and he is now up every 30 minutes -2 hours, to which he just wants to chew everything he can, including myself and my partner:(

Is this down to him teething or does this sound more like a behaviour problem?

Thanks

2. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Hi @lokityou need to crate train your pup as a priority. The dog should not have the freedom to roam about and eat the house. Look up please the many threads on this site on crate training.

Beanwood likes this.
  3. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Nope, not a behaviour problem! More like a normal puppy with tooooo much freedom at a young age! And yes, teeth could be an element. The problem here is that this chewing could become a habit, it's nice to chew and normal for puppies! :) You won't be the first to lose part of a staircase, skirting board...slippers, shoes..so really as advised get some crate training in place.

crate-training-your-labrador-puppy

Michael A Brooks likes this.
  4. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

Michael A Brooks likes this.