It had to happen....

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Hollysdad, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

For the last 12 months we've put a folding wooden screen at the bottom of the stairs. Every night we'd put Holly to bed, then disappear upstairs. Every morning we'd reappear from behind the screen. Our aim was to keep Holly unaware of stairs while she was a puppy. As a bonus we'd get a good night's sleep.

Last night she worked out that she could use her nose to push the screen aside and climb the stairs! At about 2 a.m. my wife was awakened by a facefull of excited slobbery-waggy Labrador. A few seconds later Holly realised that I was there too and came around my side of the bed to share her excitement. We finally got her to settle down on the floor after about half an hour.

I think the next few nights are going to be spent teaching Holly the importance of sleeping quietly on the floor!

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: It had to happen....

Oh how sweet, that really painted the picture so well, nothing like Labby slobbery kisses to have you wide awake in seconds ;D

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Been there ;D ;D

4. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Yep ;D We have the added bonus of a soggy Lambie.

Welcome to the world of sleeping with the dog in your bedroom :) I like it, myself :)

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Wow, took 12 months.......Harley took 6 weeks and has been up in my bedroom for the last two months, personally I love having her upstairs with me :). I put her bed on the floor near my bed, tell her to settle down and she goes to sleep :) occasionally in the middle of the night she jumps up on the bed, pretends to go asleep, won't respond to me telling her to get in her bed, until hubby picks her up and puts her back in bed ;) have fun getting Holly to stay off your bed all night ;)

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Lilly puts her chin on the bottom of the bed (you know.....gives that "go-on" look I am sure) and the softest of little whines.
    ::)

7. MadMudMob

MadMudMob Registered Users

And here was me thinking only DexiD4DivaDog has selective deafness at bedtime :)

8. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Last night it was my turn for a face wash. lovely!