It's cold outside, does my puppy need a coat?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by WillowA, Dec 12, 2018.

1. WillowA

WillowA Registered Users

Do I need to get a coat for my 10 week old pup when she goes out at 11 weeks.
    It's cold about 2 degrees atm but could drop as she is so small she might get cold.

2. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

I wouldn't, personally. She won't be spending long periods of time on the floor, and you can bundle her in a blanket when you are carrying her.

She is growing so rapidly at the moment that any coat you buy, she will outgrow very quickly.

Labradors have a double coat and are bred to work in freezing conditions.

lucy@labforumHQ and WillowA like this.
  3. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Hi @WillowA

Don't wait till she is 11 weeks. Start socilalising now. Just carry her everywhere. Use a bag, with a blanket inside, over your shoulder. Ask people politely to keep their arms down and not to rush you. If they don't listen, then without yelling become quite insistent and forthright. It is extremely important the puppy has a good time. If she seems worried, then back off. Take a mental note of what happened and see whether you can approach the distraction at a greater distance while your puppy remains confident.

lucy@labforumHQ likes this.
  4. WillowA

WillowA Registered Users

She is very friendly with people that come to the house and very confident she has been to the vets a couple of times and has been carried out she just hasn't met any dogs yet she did see a dog accross the road and was watching it.

5. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

Edp likes this.