Its hard work!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by jade805, Jan 7, 2014.

1. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

I am finding been a doggy mummy hard work at the moment! Think the January Blues have hit me this week!

2. MadMudMob

MadMudMob Registered Users

Re: Its hard work!

It is hard when there's no light in the evenings and everywhere outside is mucky .... roll on Spring

3. David

David Registered Users

The fields immediately next to the house are really deep mud at the moment and it's so depressing. Roll on fine weather. At least there will be no water shortages in the spring.

4. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

try and snap out of it jade,......nothing better than being out in the mud :)

5. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

We fell out on our first walk this morning but friends again now. She was been silly and spooked by the wind and a different walk (keeping her on lead today as put on flea/ worker last night). Because she wasn't happy she was pulling and sniffing every where! Her tail have vanished under her so was that frightened. Happens everytime we walk that way. Anyway, took her back out now and she didnt pull. ( she started to pull get halti off every walk so I am just back to leader and collar.

6. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Chin up Jade , it wont always be muddy , I hope :( :( Must admit I`m finding it a bit hard with Millie, trying to find dry places to walk , she is so small that her tummy isnt far off the ground and I`m trying to make sure her wound stays dry , almost impossible right now ::)

7. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

I feel your pain. Here it's the snow, cold, and dark that I'm struggling with. Thankfully the temps are a bit warmer this week, and for the first time in WEEKS there is no snow in the forecast, although Simba just came in from the yard and he is frosted with snow, so obviously it is falling out there AGAIN right now. It's impossible to walk anywhere that hasn't been cleared so that means sticking to sidewalks, on leash, unless I can get to the dog park, but it's been too cold to stand around there.....sigh.....

Spring can't come soon enough, but we still have our worst winter months ahead.....blah....

8. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah Jade,sorry you've hot a low,January is an awful month :(
    Lisa I always feel for you when you mention the weather,we live at an extreme too some months and I know it's really hard,you so have my sympathy,roll on the nice weather for you x
    It poured with rain here today...Dex got 2 extra walks to celebrate ;D.....no one in the parks so he had a right good run about...and we both got soaked :D his pungent factor is up a bit tonight as he lies next to me ;D

9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=David link=topic=3923.msg45205#msg45205 date=1389096714]
    The fields immediately next to the house are really deep mud at the moment and it's so depressing. Roll on fine weather. At least there will be no water shortages in the spring.
    [/quote]
    Don't hold your breath on that one David :-\

Lisa, I was thinking of you earlier (or rather Simba), whilst browsing facebook.....

[​IMG]

I have found doing the mummy stuff hard work today too Jade, but I wasn't expecting it from the 18yr old! Grrrrr.....
    Chin up, here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.
    (after that, for me, its a downwards slide anyway :( )

10. jade805

jade805 Registered Users

Really been worrying on the lead work this week mad seems much improved.

I have what I call guilt mummy I feel like I made so many mistakes with her! She is still very nervous and I guess that's going to be a life time thing now?

ToOk her back to the place where she was nervous today and was much better, two men tried to talk to her but she wouldn't let the touch her. She jumps back but I think this is part off her wanting to play rather than nerves?