Izzy home after spay

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Wendy68, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Wendy68

Wendy68 Registered Users

I picked up Izzy at tea time after her spay. It went fine. Shes just sleeping it off at the moment.Feel so guilty of putting her through it though. I know its the right thing to do but still guilty. Tomorrow will be fun, when shes wide awake and wanting to play!

2. CDM

CDM Registered Users

Re: Izzy home after spay

Me toooo I'm so worried about tom, glad she's ok x

Going to get some steak in tom if she's not up to it she can have it sat for breakfast

3. Wendy68

Wendy68 Registered Users

I wish id got some chicken in cos thats what they recommend. To be honest she doesnt want anything yet. Shes been out for a couple of wees, but i have to carry her out as theres a few steps. I put a buster collar on her for a while, but have took it off again. Ill probably put it on when she goes to bed, just incase.
    Good luck tomorrow x

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Willow's appetite wasn't an issue at all (strong Lab genes there ;) ) but she didn't follow the typical story of being back to full bounce the next day. They screwed up her pain medication, though, and I know that's part of the reason why, but she was subdued for quite a long time.

5. CDM

CDM Registered Users

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=10770.msg160268#msg160268 date=1430423867]
    Willow's appetite wasn't an issue at all (strong Lab genes there ;) ) but she didn't follow the typical story of being back to full bounce the next day. They screwed up her pain medication, though, and I know that's part of the reason why, but she was subdued for quite a long time.
    [/quote]

I read your post, poor willow, I would have gone crazy!!!!!!!!!! Glad she's ok though , our girls are so precious ;D

6. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Mine were never offered pain killers, only had a pain killing injection after the spay - times have changed!

7. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I dunno Stacia...we didn't get pain meds either.

Hope the girlies both make quick recoveries.

8. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hope the girls are back to normal soon :)

9. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hope both girls are feeling better today. Harley took nearly a week to be back to herself.

10. Wendy68

Wendy68 Registered Users

Izzy not too bad today. A bit subdued, but alert, and eating, drinking and toileting fine. I'm struggling to stop her jumping onto settee though. It doesn't seem to hurt her but I'm worried about what goes on inside!

11. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I'm glad she's picking up :)

Anything you can put on the settee? Chairs, footstools?

12. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

Molly is a tall rangy Labrador (I sometimes refer to her as The Leggy Blonde). She is obviously a working line dog.

She got over her spay amazingly well. She was herself when I picked her up the morning after, didn't come home with any meds and only had an injection whilst in the hospital.

In less than 48 hours the Vet was telling me to take her for a lead walk because "she'll be bouncing off the ceiling as well as the walls if you don't".

I was wondering, have the working line dogs been selectively bred to be hardier and have a higher pain threshold. They d,o after all, function in what can be a hostile enviroment.

13. Rue7514

Rue7514 Registered Users

She will bounce back in no time, and it will soon be a distant memory!

14. CDM

CDM Registered Users

Bella's home :D glad I took her cuddly mr fox as the vet said she cuddled up to him in the crate.
    She was wagging her tail when she saw me, quite dozy, but I brought her back in the car on the front seat and she had a big wee in the back yard ( legs trembled) then settled down for a half hour nap then got up and had a bowl of chicken!!! Then she got disorientated so put her back on her bed and she's sleeping again. Stitches disappear themselves so no return visit unless there's concerns. I've got some oral pain killers to put in her food. No cone.

He said I can walk her from tonight ( on lead) for a week. Didn't time this right tho, as we start good citizen class Tuesday evening so will have to see if we can attend as long as she's not jumping around might be ok or we might have to miss first session.

Glad izzy is ok Wendy x

15. Wendy68

Wendy68 Registered Users

Glad Bella is ok. Izzy has to go back on Tuesday and in 10 days for follow-ups. Just wish I could keep her still!

16. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Glad both girls are home and are doing well

17. CDM

CDM Registered Users

Thanks. I'm shattered :eek: I kept Bella with me last night and there was a little whimpering every so often and she also decided to get up a few times and wander around then I woke at 5 am with her on her back legs paws on my bed :p then at six I put her back on the kitchen for a bit after a loo trip, gave her her metacam and biscuits but she kept whining so I got up at 7 and she had had a big smelly accident bless her. I've blocked the sofas after as she jumped up and she's not impressed ha. Glad she's getting back to normal though ;D

18. charlie

charlie Registered Users

I hope all is well today with the girlies xx

19. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Pleased to hear that both girls have sailed through their ops , now the fun starts, keeping them quiet :) Millie was a complete nightmare after her spay so I did take her for lead walks pretty soon after the op , my full sympathies to you both ;)