Jake,my 13yr old lab is on reuhmacam.

Discussion in 'Senior Labradors' started by mylab, Jul 9, 2024 at 8:13 AM.

1. mylab

mylab Registered Users

Hello ,my 13yr old Lab x Collie had started losing weight wouldnt eat his meal ,vet examined him couldn't find anything but wanted to do blood test ,I said could I try suggestions for 2 weeks she had made about his food first , she also put him on reuhmacam which he is responding to and has had some good days and I think he has put on some weight ,what I would like to know how will reuhmacam work on Jake ,thankyou for your thoughts in advance.ps.taking him to be weighed Thursday.

2. Sammie@labforumHQ

Sammie@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Sorry to hear your pup's been unwell. Rheumocam is an anti-inflammatory - it's a similar type of drug to ibuprofen, or voltarol, for humans. It sounds like maybe your vet thinks Jake has some inflammation - but there are lots of causes of this. I suggest writing down any questions you have, so you can ask them when you go in on thursday. Your vet should be able to explain to you what they are looking to treat, diagnose, or rule out, with this medication. Sometimes vets forget that we don't understand medicine the way they do - please do keep asking questions until they've given you explanations that make sense! :)

I hope Jake feels better soon xx