Jax is biting kids really hard- breaking skin

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Lisa4, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Lisa4

Lisa4 Registered Users

Hey everyone. Hope your all ready for Christmas and enjoying the holidays.
    Jax is a biter and I have tried everything literally everything to stop him biting the kids. He has more toys then pets at home. I offer him a toy, tell him no, tell him sit, kids do keep still yet it makes no difference.

It's every morning when the kids wake up and come down stairs he starts on them. It's mainly biting their clothes (trousers or skirts) then pulling and growling then sometimes as he's re gripping he's actually biting them and has broken skin a few times.

On a morning me and Jax go in back yard then he has his breakfast inside then he normally sits and watches me get school bags ready then the kids will start coming down and it's then mainly he starts biting.
    Any ideas what I can try? Thank you.

2. Maggie68

Maggie68 Registered Users

Re: Jax is biting kids really hard- breaking skin

Sounds like you are really doing the right things , sorry not be more helpful, I got so stressed with Otis when he was doing it, had bruises all up my arms. Just want to reassure you though, it has totaly stopped now. I have heard putting them in another room for a few minutes can work, maybe you are already doing this though. Maggie

3. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

4. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

jasper was a very mouthy lab,we just said a very firm NO and turned our back on him.....i have no children in the house just week ends when my grandson comes, i had him to do the same very firm no,
    i am sorry to say this went on for months,however it does stop, :) good luck

5. Lisa4

Lisa4 Registered Users

Thanks everyone,
    Pippa, I read those articles- thank you. Following the advice the biting has stopped on a morning. Now Jax just bites at random times lol. But now I know why, I'm better prepared to deal with it and know ive got a good excuse to send my kids to play in their rooms- as it was getting Jax too excited lol.