Jenny had 1st visit to vet

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by ReneeS., Sep 2, 2016.

1. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

image.jpg Hello everyone,
    Jenny had her 1st visit to vet day before yesterday. Had her 2nd shot, plus vet discovered an ear infection, not bad or severe, but could have turned into one. So I have ear drops and ear cleaner for her. Her stool sample was fine, but vet sent home three bags of panacur powder which I sprinkle on her moist dog food once a day for three days, to just play safe. Vet said sometimes round worms can be dormant in her intestinal tract. She cried all the way there in the doggie keenel I have to transport her and she cried all the way home, not liking her kennel. She was fine while at the vet, but crocopup did manage to get the vet's finger.
    She has really turned into a crocopup in the last two weeks. I try to always have a toy in my hands but she still manages to get to my wrists and ankles, obsessed with my slippers!! She will be three months old the 16th ad weighed 19.1 lbs at vet. I also pulled a muscle or tendon where my leg joins hip (think I did it putting Jenny in car for vet visit). I can hardly walk so trips to yard are awful for me. John has been helping me out in this area. She stays pretty much on schedule with eating, nap times, occasional time outs when biting gets too bad and she gets too wild. Love her to death but will be very glad when crocopup phase is over..............

2. Stryker

Stryker Registered Users

Stryker was on that powder stuff too for 3 days but he had tape worm from eating a flea from when the Breeder had him but those are very common she said. I never did have a problem thus far with him being a crocopup at the Vets but on his first visit they trimmed his little toes so to keep him still they brought out a small plate and put some peanut butter on it. When they brought him out his face was covered with peanut butter and they explained how he went full run and did a face dive right in to the plate of peanut butter.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear everything is good with your pup. Good to hear they caught that little ear infection early too.

They look so sweet and innocent but being that we all own and have labs we know how harsh that crocopup thing can be. My arms and hands look so beat up but hey.. It's part of the package and to be honest, I know I'm not the only one who would agree, we as owners of labs would change anything for the world.