Jenny thinks puppy playpen is her personal poo area

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by ReneeS., Aug 20, 2016.

1. ReneeS.

ReneeS. Registered Users

Hello everyone,
    Jenny is coming along wonderfully. Nine weeks and three days old. Her recall is working spelendedly inside and outside about 90% of the time. Have had minimal pee accidents and that is not her fault, I just didn't get her outside in time. She wines by the door when she has to go out. About a week ago, she went into her playpen and used it to poo after she ate the last time of the day - about 6:30 p.m., (I feed her daily rations split into four feedings). After she ate, I barely turned around and she was in there doing her thing. So, now I close the little entrance door before I feed her. After eating, she walks up to door and starts wining and almost panics. I take her out and she immediately poos. She did this three days in a row after last feeding before I closed the little entrance door. Now, I'm at a loss as to when to allow her back into the playpen She hasn't had a poo accident since I started closing the entrance door. Has anyone else ever run across a problem like this? She has never messed in her crate since we brought her home. I just don't know what to do about her doggie playpen.

2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

You will get to know your pups routine in terms of poo times. You are doing the right thing in closing the gate and taking her out straight out. I would put her in the playpen after she has been outside for a poo as she shouldn't need to go that soon.

3. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Try feeding her in the pen (so it becomes a dining room rather than a toilet) but watch her and take her out the second she's finished her meal. Dogs generally don't like to poo where they eat so perhaps feeding her in the pen will 'repurpose' it in her mind.