Jilly's Jolly Jaunt

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by pippa@labforumHQ, Jun 18, 2013.

1. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Jilly's Jolly Jaunt

Humm , very interesting and concerning too . I guess that most sponsors wouldnt mind one little bit if the walk had been a relay, but if this is the case, they should have been informed .
    Sponsoring is a grand way of raising funds , as long as no one feels pressured into sponsoring and as long as the event is above board .
    I did a ( much shorter !) sponsored walk 18 months ago for the Animal Health Trust and was paranoid about being clocked all the time, photos provided etc .

3. pippa@labforumHQ

Hopefully any confusion was unintended, but it does seem a little misleading...

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I think it's a shame that it could be remembered for this instead of the good it did raising of money for worthy causes.

I too hope it was a mistake and sadly I think peoples defensiveness when Jemima is involved may have prevented them just offering a quick apology. If I had sponsored I wouldn't have minded if Jilly didn't do the whole walk but it does seem like the premise was pedigree dogs fit for purpose not just showing and that now seems undermined a little.

5. pippa@labforumHQ

I wouldn't have minded either! 30 miles a day is a massive undertaking. I think it would finish me off ;D

But, even if you are raising money for charity, if you ask people for money, I think you need to be very clear as to what you are 'offering'.

It's all a bit sad. I do hope that they do not get 'into trouble' with the charity commission...

Pippa