Just a little update

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Charlie_2013, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Charlie_2013

Charlie_2013 Registered Users

I went over to see Charlie yesterday & WOW what a difference a week makes! He is growing fast & looking gorgeous.

The breeders have told me they think he is going to have the same temperament has his Father. He is so laid back & calm it's unbelievable.

Whilst the others are striving for attention Charlie just walks over looks up as if to say will you cuddle me ;D & for the first time i didn't want to leave him!!

Still a little time to go but it'll be here quick enough...when i get the hang of posting pics on here I will add a few of the ones from yesterday.

Have a great day everyone.....from a very very excited Dad to be ;)

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Just a little update

You two are going to be a great team :)

3. Fwhitt246

Fwhitt246 Registered Users

My Murphy (11 week old yellow) was the chilled one of the group but that's all changed now! At the breeders with his brothers and sisters he would just lollop around and sniff things and let them play rough but since he's been home he's come out of himself and has loads of energy! I hope you don't mind me saying this, im not being negative. all puppies are lush no matter what they are like! :)

4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah Dave that's why you should enjoy every minute of them because they grow and change so quickly ...bet he is completely scrumptious.....You love them however they turn out because you get so attached to themselves quickly.Dexter has remained pretty chilled ,he is best behaved and obedient with me though .....and he can be a different dog with Chris sometimes.... we are noticing now that if Chris gives him a command he will look at me as if to say....is it ok?or should I wait until the real boss asks me ! He he he!

5. Charlie_2013

Fwhitt246 I know they are all lush, i think you are right Charlie will come out of his shell...that's when the fun begins ;D ;D

6. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Can't wait to see those pics, Dave! I'm sure he is adorable - it's a good thing they are so cute, seeing all the mischief they get into....but not your Charlie, of course. He will be a perfect angel!!! ::)

7. Charlie_2013

Morning all,

Lisa you are right he is going to be the perfect angel....he won't need toilet training. he won't chew anything, no whining during the night, he won't get into any mischief
    ...yeah right ::) ::) ::) but that's why i wanted a puppy...once he's settled & in a routine he will be laid back but until then I will be on my toes ;D

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

At least you are well prepared, have researched, planned and laid the ground rules.
    Better than I did! Sometimes wish I had known even half the stuff I do now ::)
    You and Charlie are going to make a fab team.
    I think we are almost excited as you are ;D

Jac

9. Karen

Karen Registered Users

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

10. Charlie_2013

Jac,

I have done nothing with my spare time except read, read...watch video's etc etc. But putting it all into practice, well that's another thing.

I've upped the anty on visiting, i am over there again today to see my little man..i've even asked if i can have a sleepover (joking)!!! ;D
    If i get half the fun with Charlie as you guys are having with your dogs then i will be a happy man ;) Just under 3 weeks now ;D
    ;D ;D

11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Catch up on your sleep now!! ;D

12. Charlie_2013

Well went to see Charlie again yesterday......laid back is an understatement!!!! Charlie had found himself a nice quiet spot in the shade & he was fast asleep! manged a 10 minute cuddle then he went straight back to his little spot & was sparko again ;D this time he'd rolled on his back stretched out in all his glory and was away with the fairies ;D ;D ;D

on the plus side he has started to recognise me. I was wearing the same jacket as i have done on all previous visits (as intended) my son got a cuddle for a split second but as soon as Charlie came to me he did his usual and climbed onto my shoulder...& guess what...he fell asleep ;D ;D great visit though, just loved it & i can't believe how quickly all 8 are growing!!

Karen...how can i sleep I'm getting a puppy....so exciting ;) I have stopped counting down though as i'm driving everyone crazy ;D ;D ;D ;D