Just off to meet up with Lady's brother

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by David, Oct 26, 2012.

1. David

David Registered Users

We just off to meet up with friends who have Lady's yellow brother, Milo. The last time they met they were just about 18 months old and I'm sure they recognised each other because their body language was quite different to that when meeting other dogs. We're meeting up in Bishopstone near Swindon to walk on the Ridgeway so I'll report back later. Really looking forward to it.

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Just off to meet up with Lady's brother

Hope you all have a good day David . I also think there is something there with relatives . We were invited to take Sam back to visit the breeder who has his Mum, his Grandmother and his Aunt . Sam was about six months old and flew immediately to his Mum , the greeting was mutual , they were really loving to one another :)

3. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Haha - I remember taking Bones and Billy (they were half brothers) back to see their mother - she was clearly HORRIFIED!!! 'I thought I'd got shot of you lot...' ;)

4. kateincornwall

[quote author=Karen link=topic=829.msg4354#msg4354 date=1351243876]
    Haha - I remember taking Bones and Billy (they were half brothers) back to see their mother - she was clearly HORRIFIED!!! 'I thought I'd got shot of you lot...' ;)
    [/quote]

:) :) :)

5. David

David Registered Users

Had a great day out thanks. I can recommend the Royal Oak in Bishopstone. Nice friendly pub with good food and dog friendly.

The dogs were great together and definitely recognised each other. Their greeting was quite different to the greeting with other dogs even ones Lady knows well already, and the way they ran and played together was a joy to watch. Lady is completely zonked out this evening and she's got a busy day tomorrow too with our first shoot of this season.

6. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

How wonderful, not something I'm likely to experience with either of mine so lovely to read about it - thanks :)

7. kateincornwall

How did the shoot go David ?

8. David

David Registered Users

Hi Kate,

Lady was beating and she did ok actually though she's better in open country than woodland. The day was actually pretty non-productive as we couldn't get the birds to fly, they just ran along the ground and doubled back on us! The social bit went fine though and although it was really cold in the wind we all had a good time and a good crack at lunchtime catching up on the news. It's a private shoot so we all know each other and it's quite informal. Ran iinto my farmer friend (who runs the shoot) the next day. He seemd to think all ok as alll the guns saw there were plenty of birds around and things will improve over the next month (we shoot every fortnight).

Lady is just a pet really so she'll never be picking up I don't think, but she enjoys the day out with all the action and other dogs. Also she's pretty steady now she is 3 yeras old. She's not gun shy although we were very near a back gun when he let fly and she jumped and looked at me to say "B****y h**l what was that dad?", but a few ok's and encouraging noises and she was straight back on the case.

9. kateincornwall

Thats lovely David, sounds like Lady had a good day even though the birds didnt co-operate , its just lovely to see them doing what they love and meeting and greeting too , better luck next time :)

10. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

sounds brilliant, just what every labrador loves best :D