Kong extreme not tough enough!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Deano82, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Deano82

Deano82 Registered Users

Nero started off with a standard kong but within a few weeks he had started to rip chunks off it. We then went and got him a kong extreme for strong chewers and yes you have guessed it he is now starting to break this one also!

Can anyone recommend another kong style product which is even more 'extreme'?

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: Kong extreme not tough enough!

Charlie says high five! He can chew through a puppy kong with ease, and manages to destroy standard kongs once in a while (but only the olders ones, worn from repeated freezing and use). I think the extreme kongs are as tough as you can get...

3. Deano82

Deano82 Registered Users

Just bought him a kong squeeky ball as he loves things that squeak! Looks pretty tough but I dont think that squeak is going to last long once he sinks his teeth into it!

4. Deano82

Deano82 Registered Users

Well It lasted him 30mins...no squeak no more!

5. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Lol, don't know what else is out there that is stronger! luckily I don't have a chewer.

6. UncleBob

UncleBob Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hi,

Harvey is quite a chewer too (although thankfully he doesn't do it to his kongs!).

Have you tried these. Harv's had a few goes but no damage yet ;)

7. JohnG

JohnG Registered Users

I've found the Nylabone products very hard wearing. Got a couple of the white puppy bones and apart from a few scrapes and dents on the edges they are still in one piece after 4 months chomping!

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Lilly is not a chewer, but she did settle down one afternoon in the garden and completely demolish her puppy nylabone within about 30mins.
    Have you heard of Anco Roots?
    They might be an answer as I think we previously declared them safer than things like stag bars/antlers with regards tooth damage.
    Personally I would use a Kong filled and frozen and if I was around remove it once empty if that is the kind of treatment it is getting :D
    I appreciate that it may not be ideal, but I would worry a bit about leaving him with anything chewable "on his own" and unsupervised by the sounds of his potential destructive chewing action!!