Kong ideas

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by laurenxo, Apr 8, 2016.

1. laurenxo

laurenxo Registered Users

For a puppy.... There might b a thread already but I'd like some ideas what to put in a kong for Henry 8 week and Tilly 3 years plz I've tried them with billy and margot ice cream which is amazing but tiny !! Ideas plz :)

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

There are many threads with ideas, here is one:

http://thelabradorforum.com/threads/stuffed-kongs.5133/

These days, I use my adult dog's normal food in kongs. I used to soak kibble, but now I buy a wet tinned version of my dog's normal food to use in kongs. He got amazing stuff when he was a puppy, to make sure he associated kongs (or whatever it was that I was trying to train by using kongs) with an amazing experience - I'd use roast chicken, and sardines and so on - these days the food I give in kongs is just part of his normal diet.

I'm a big believer in the benefits of kongs and still use them all the time. For example, I never leave my dog while I work without leaving him with a big pile of kongs (he doesn't get his food in a bowl on the days I work) and he can't wait to have me leave so he can have his kongs! Just simple things like this can make a big difference to how your dog settles down into a good routine.