Kong wobbler

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Johnny Walker, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Johnny Walker

Johnny Walker Registered Users

OH got puppy a Kong Wobbler. Any tips or tricks would be nice, I know nothing about this thing. He loves his regular kongs so I'm sure it will be good. Can I feed him his whole meals out of this with no reprocussions. She tried it tonight and after he finished he still looked for his dinner. His feeding time ritual is so regimented and habitual that I'm wondering if we should break the habit slowly or if he'll be fine, if it is indeed okay to use this to feed him whole meals. Seems like it would be great when company is over. He has food guarded on occasion but tonight he knocked it around people's feet without any signs of guarding the prices as they fell out. But I will say he was in a hurry to get them all in his belly. Lol.

2. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

I'm watching this with interest as we have a Kong Wobbler....but every time we get it out, put Bailey's food in it - he just stands and barks at it constantly - won't go near it at all - with or without food....sitting in a cupboard at the moment. Bailey does not seem to like kongs full stop - empty or full :(

3. xxryu139xx

xxryu139xx Registered Users

We have a wobbler too. Tried it at about 4 months old. We put some peanut butter around the opening and showed him by knocking it around and having the pieces of kibble pop out. Very frustrating for him at a young age. Only dry kibble inside. If it's wet it will stick to the bottom and it will never pop out. As he used it more he got better. We rarely use it now since he got bigger because that thing will start flying around the house as he knocked it around. It is a very heavy object and I was afraid it can do some damage. Best to put it in a wide open area/space.

4. jeanine

jeanine Registered Users

We also have the kong wobbler and Corona loves it. We usually feed her full dinner in it and instead of inhaling it in 20 seconds, it takes her about 15 minutes. Took her only a couple of times to figure it out. Now she dives on it the second we release her from her wait command. She uses her paw or her snout and gives it a shove all around the first floor. The funny part is that her main goal is to get all the food out, eats a bit as she goes, but mainly waits until she's knocked it all out, then goes around at the end to vacccum it all up. It's kinda like a hide and seek game for her. Great mental exercise and it's entertaining for us too!

Johnny Walker likes this.
  5. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I tried one but true to fashion Rory tried to eat the top off. Take a sledgehammer to crack a nut!

6. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Stanley loves his. Spends ages getting everything out.

He was quite old when we got him it (about 8 months). So he figured out the concept pretty quickly and now gets as excited when he sees it as he does his regular kongs :)

7. labhumanmum

labhumanmum Registered Users

Daisy (9 months) goes berserk with her wobbler. She has had it from about 10 weeks though and I didn't even need to put food in it, she would just fly at it from across the room and it wobbling around on the tiles would drive her crazy. As she got older she didn't pay as much attention. I now put in some liver treats (large pieces) which she will never get out of there, but the smell will come out of the hole. I then put in some of her little training treats and she loves it. I'll put the hole infront of her nose and put it on the ground and off she goes. It needs to be on tiles (or a hard floor) I think. I don't think it would be as fun on carpet. On a hard floor it scoots around the room.