Kong Zoom Groom

Discussion in 'Products and supplies for puppies' started by Snowy, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I've tried 4 different brushes for our 6 month old, and thought it might be useful for others to report my findings:

- soft bristle hairbrush (useless for removing hair, although he liked the soft stroking and we used this from day one to get him used to being brushed, knowing that we would need to do it "for real" one day)

- "Professional" undercoat brush (I think it is for thicker coats, didn't seem to do much for us)

- Thunderpaws deshedding comb (ok but aggressive and not for regular use)

- Kong Zoom Groom (see below)

I will shamelessly admit that I ordered the ZoomGroom after a couple of G&Ts, and did wonder later on whether it was just a gimic (or Ginic :) ). How wrong I was. This brush is fantastic

It removed a massive amount of loose hairs. As long as you keep using it in the same direction, all the hairs get collected on the "nipples" of the brush, and they can then be easily removed - you end up with a holey mat of your puppy's hair. Nelson likes it too, it is soft on his skin, and you can even gently cover the "sensitive areas" with confidence.

In summary, I'm very pleased and have decided I should mix G&T with internet shopping more often.

drjs@5 and snowbunny like this.
  2. Boogie

Boogie Moderator

Haha!

I use the zoom groom and also a human 'tangle teaser which is good for when you need to groom indoors as the hairs don't fly about the room.

:)

3. Joy

Joy Registered Users

My last boy adored being zoom groomed -he used to leap about in excitement when I got it out. Molly hates it and the only thing I've persuaded her to tolerate is an ordinary (human) plastic comb. Fortunately she's not a big shedder.

4. edzbird

edzbird Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Coco loves the Zoom Groom. At first, he thought it was a huge game and tried to grab it. Now, he still wriggles a lot, but I can groom him easily. I use it in a circular motion, working against the hair growth - it gives him a great massage as the holey mat of hair forms.

5. SteffiS

SteffiS Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I use a zoom groom and occasionally a furminator, both have their uses I think. I also have a zoom groom for the cat so part of Ripple's 'cat' training is me attempting to groom them both at the same time (the cat sensibly stands on the garden table) whilst using squeezy cheese as a treat. This is a feat that requires me to have 3 arms :confused: :D, but does work quite well.

edzbird, snowbunny and drjs@5 like this.
  6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Moderator Forum Supporter

Zoom groom all the way here.

And internet shopping with G&T, always....

Snowy and snowbunny like this.