Lab vs baby Deer

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by tmusci, Sep 25, 2020.

1. tmusci

tmusci Registered Users

My neighnor raised an orphaned baby deer with their dog and family. Deer now about 6 months old lives in woods behind our houses and is now in the yard every day all day. Rudy, my 3 yr. old Chocolate Lab has almost 1 acre invisible fence. Dog chases deer off and on all day. Problem is my dog will jump off deck all day running after deer and if deer is in front yard under my big picture window my dog is going crazy inside the house because he cant get into our front yard. Deer will lay outside of invisible fence area and teese the dog. How do I train him to quit going crazy over this deer. He almost bit deer twice in back leg. He watches constantly for the deer. The deer thinks he i is playing like he does with neighbor dog
    My dog stalks the deer like he is hunting. How do I get him to calm down he is in hyper mode all day i dont want him to end up getting hurt and going through a window. Worried what may happen when the deer grows into a buck. Fyi deer answers to his name and visits all the neighbors. Help!