Labrador Dog Cage For a Car

Discussion in 'Products and supplies for puppies' started by Nolan Pretorius, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Nolan Pretorius

Nolan Pretorius Registered Users

Afternoon all,

Apologies if there a thread on this already, but as Newbie I am still exploring the site. In August, Simba (in my Avatar) will be coming to his forever home.

What cage do you recommend for having in our car? I drive a Range Rover Sport and we are planning to take him on all our family adventures and holidays in the future. We often visit the Yorkshire Dales.

Thank you

2. Andy Aveyard

Andy Aveyard Registered Users

We were very lucky to have been given a Pet World travel crate by a friend, it's most likely made to fit a different car to ours, but it does what we need.
    It has a sliding entrance and a top that can be removed, in the event of a rear end accident and if you're no longer able to open the car tailgate.

It has a sturdy wire construction, with a type of canvas base. You can feel the wire base through the canvas, so we put a piece of thick piece of carpet in the bottom for extra padding.

This is the one that seems to be designed for your car.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PET-WORLD-RANGE-ROVER-SPORT-SLOPING-CAR-DOG-CAGE-BOOT-TRAVEL-CRATE-PUPPY-GUARD/291141895941?epid=1127894006&hash=item43c968c705:g:fk8AAOSwbiFZOQsy

It's the only one that I've tried and there may be better cages on the market?

Nolan Pretorius likes this.
  3. Nolan Pretorius

Thank you ☺️

4. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

I use a TransK9 in my car, very sturdy and one of the few that are crash tested. Barjo, Guardsman, Lintran also make very good quality cages to fit any car. All have websites you can visit.

5. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Whereabouts in the world are you? I use a Lintran - they make a good range of sturdy boxes - available in the UK. I have had mine for about 30 years and apart from the doors having grown a bit of a rattle, it's still as good as new

6. Nolan Pretorius

Hi, and thanks for the reply. We live in Lincolnshire.

7. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Just tweaked that to make your location a little more vague... the internet can be a funny place. :)

8. TheRobbies

TheRobbies Registered Users

Perfect thread to join as our first post!

We have an Audi A4 Avant and a Q5 and looking for a solution that works for both cars for our Benji. Dog guards plus dividers for both cars is probably simplest, but works out quite expensive.

Crate seems the best option, but looking for a single or half boot solution. TransK9 and Safedog both do options, but I thought £400-ish was a lot - seems not!

There are a number of others I found, Trixie as an aluminium option @£140, many wire cages @£60-110 and Seeland carriers @£80

Does anyone have dimensions of crates they use? The Seeland one is 81x58x58cm... that’s the one for a Labrador which seems small to me? Benji is 12 weeks just now, but growing every day.

Thanks in advance

9. TheRobbies

TheRobbies Registered Users

...we decided to go with a Safedog crate after some reading on various threads on here last night.