labrador labor

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by thejudy1229, Oct 15, 2013.

1. thejudy1229

thejudy1229 Registered Users

My lab grace gave birth to three puppies i was expecting more since she had 9 in her previously litter is that normal does in depend on something did something went wrong when mating i touched her belly and feels empty no movement and she seems fine and relaxed and i will be taking her to the vet tomorrow ive done research and an average of 6-12 is good for a Labrador that is why im wondering

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: labrador labor

Congratulations on your puppies!!!!

I'm afraid I can't really help with your questions, as I have no practical experience in this area, but I'd say that a litter of three wouldn't be hugely unusual, I don't think. While a higher number might be the average there will be a lot of variation around that.

But I'm sure that others with experience of bitches who've whelped will be along to give better advice :)

3. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hello and welcome :)
    Is she were mine , I would be asking a Vet to check that there are no remaining pups in her, dead or alive as if a dead pup were to be retained ,it could be dangerous to your lovely girl . I dont want to sound like a scare monger but always think its worth playing safe if there is any reason for doubt , I hope all is well and congrats on your new pups :)

4. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hi Judy, and welcome

What day and time were the first and last pup born? Pippa

5. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

I can't add anything but wanted to say congratulations on your pups. I hope they and mum are well and thriving :)

6. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Congratulations and I hope Grace and the pups are ok.