Labrador Problems... (Nothing serious!)

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by NNorris13, Jan 2, 2014.

1. NNorris13

NNorris13 Registered Users

So this morning, I decided instead of the field over the road, Dexter and I would go to the local park.

Gets to the park, walks into the dog section. This is where Dexter meets Chop, the boxer. Dexter and Chop run round. Dexter slips. Immediately I said to myself, "Please don't let that be what I think it is?!" Of course, it was dog poo! You'd think being in the dog section where there's plenty of bins it would be clean...

So with being the lucky charm I am, I had nothing to wipe him down with. Dexter was run ragged by Chop and then it was time to go home. I used the towel I have in the car to wipe Dexter's coat. Which if I'm honest, made it worse.

We got home and I started to get the dog shampoo and the towels ready for a Dexter to have a bath. Now Dexter hasn't been taught how to climb the stairs in the house. A little push up and we managed. Dexter had his bath and was really well behaved. He loves being pampered!

Now my problem... Getting back down the stairs. I put Dexter's collar and lead on and tried to coax him with a few treats. No. No way was he going. He may as well have nailed himself to the landing. Could I pick him up? Could I heck! He's about 30kg already!

So my only option? I had to ring my Dad and ask him to come and carry Dexter down for me :-[

Dexter in all of this wasn't too phased. As you can see in the picture, he decided to sleep on the bathroom floor whilst waiting for my Dad.

Moral of the story...get an outdoor tap!

[​IMG]

2. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Labrador Problems... (Nothing serious!)

He looks so stressed by the whole ordeal 8)

Definitely bucket of warm soapy water and a cloth outside in future ;D ;D ;D

3. NNorris13

Most definitely! I'm just glad it wasn't fox poo. Not smelt that stuff yet and judging by people's comments, I don't want to

4. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

We haven't had to deal with that but some people swear by tomato puree - neutralises the smell apparently

just in case ;)

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hmm...nothing beats the bucket of soapy water in the back garden.
    Though I am currently impressed by Lilly's obvious resignation re entering the shower now ;D ;D

6. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

A great story and I'm sure your Dad will enjoy telling people the sort of emergency you keep him on speed dial for! ;D

Next training target identified: stairs !!
    Clare

7. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Poor you and poor lad too, my Sam is 38 kilos , no way could I lift him an inch ;D ;D

I only attempted putting Sam in the shower once , a horrendous experience never ever to be repeated, its a bucket and sponge for us now ::)

8. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Great story. Must've been a dreadful drive home...you poor thing.

What are Dads for, eh? ;D

9. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Yay for Dad to the rescue!! ;D

10. Indy

Indy Registered Users

Don't you just love it!!
    Dog poo, I suppose it could have been worse Fox or Badger. LOL
    I don't know how many times we have had to get the bucket and soapy water outside, first with a large dollop of heinze tom sauce then a nice smelling shampoo.
    The girls are always grubby when returning from a shoot, but I try and resist shampooing them as it removes the natural oils in their coat, just a good rub down with their towels.

11. NNorris13

Honestly, I won't live this down for a longggg time!

Next time it's a garden hose down