Labrador puppies

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by steve, Apr 28, 2016.

1. steve

steve Registered Users

Hi,

Does anyone out there know of a soft toy my six month old wont destroy in 5 minutes? hes got a kong but ignores it!

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

The Kong Cozie toys are pretty sturdy as far as soft toys go. I have just replaced my Tupper The Lamb (my dogs are 20 months). My two can't be trusted not to destroy toys if they're left to their own devices, so we have more interactive play time when they are toys I want to protect.

3. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Not sure why @Lucy risked missing Tupper the lamb out of that article :shaun:

snowbunny likes this.
  5. snowbunny

I also just bought this from Kong:

[​IMG]

Its body inside is like a thick water bottle crunchy texture and this contains little balls. So it crunches and rattles. It's too big for my two to get in their mouths and it drives them crazy. OK, one of the ears has already gone, but I think it's going to last a while.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    drjs@5, Cherry and samandmole like this.
  6. laurenxo

laurenxo Registered Users

i honestly cant find any toys that are strong for my labs ones a puppy the other just turned 4 even the kong stuffed ones dont last 2 min!

7. Ski-Patroller

Ski-Patroller Cooper, Terminally Cute

Check out www.tuffietoys.com/ They are available in the US, don't know about the UK.. We have had good luck with the Ultimate rings and bones that have a Tuff rating of 9 or 10.

They last a lot longer than the toys made from Fire Hose.

8. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

Yes they available in the UK. Mabel had the shark and it lasted two days but the Tuffy 3 way tug is still completely fine and both were bought the end of November last year. I buy them from Fetch because I get free delivery with my food shop but they are available from lots of different websites.

9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

@steve why not just buy a bunch of cheap soft toys from a charity shop, cut off eyes and swallowable bits and use them as "dispensible" toys?
    We have had a few toys over the years that have been de-stuffed, I just shove it back in a few times until more sorse for wear then chuck them out.

Its one solution!

10. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I use outward hound soft toys they are great and Rory has not destroyed one he's had for over 6 months! I got another at crufts because the are soooooo good they have multiple squeekers my OH says it never grows old listening to Rory play with it he he. He has a Firey salamnder and a frog all the squeekers are designed so that if they are punctured they just keep squeeking her loves them. the edges are taped and stitched so they can't get a way in to destroy. They have no stuffing in and no pull off and eat bits too. i always supervise him with them just in case but i really like them so does "Rory the Destroyer".

He destroys the squeeker in Khong with his first play Khongs don't cut it with Rory. Khongs are easy

11. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

they have a range called "The Invincibles" those are the ones I've found that Rory can't destroy

12. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I'm trying to find a couple of durable toys for Xena's birthday. I'll get her an Outward Hound Invincible (it has the Rory seal of approval!) but I'm dying to know what the toy from the quote is, Fiona! Broken link! And does the Cozie Kong still get your seal of approval? The Kong Wubba Classic and the Kong Wubba Friends only lasted 6 weeks (well the squeaker did). I would like to get her something plushie, though.

13. snowbunny

This is it...the Kong Barnyard Cruncheez Sheep: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Dogs/KON...TF8&qid=1491299467&sr=8-1&keywords=kong+sheep
    We call him Ram-bo :)

He's still going strong (minus a few appendages!), as is Tupper the Lamb.

Tupper is only out when they can be supervised, but is still very durable. Ram-bo is a pretty permanent fixture, and I'm happy to leave them all with him - even Willow, who delights in eviscerating stuffed toys :)

Xena Dog Princess likes this.
  14. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

What do you want the toys for? If for games then which toy is best depends on the game.

If for the puppy to chew or rip up etc. then you can't beat enrichment games made out of free cardboard and paper - and throw them in the recycling when done.

Johnny Walker likes this.