Labrador running round with the dummy

Discussion in 'Gundog Training, Fieldwork, & Field Trials' started by Mskie, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Mskie

Mskie Registered Users

My lab is pretty good alone but in the company of other dogs she gets super aroused and races out for a retrieve and then often prances around with the dummy getting more and more excited. I am practising for Grade 2 and the exercise where you walk her out and place a dummy leave and walk back to the 30 yard marker is problematic. Fine on the lead but otherwise she runs back for it then off! Distant retrieves and from a walk up are much better - it’s the close ones and throwing dummies around her that send her over the top. So much so that she actually starts shaking and won’t accept a treat. This tells me her head has gone! I’m going to try the “hold/carry/deliver that Pippa suggested when around other dogs.
    Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Mskie,

Rather than revive an old thread (which we find isn't usually the best way to get new answers) I've set your post up in a new thread of its own.

I'll be interested to read the suggestions you receive - good luck and let us know how you get on!