Labradors own my heart

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by JenBainbridge, Aug 27, 2017.

1. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

So me and OH have been thinking about whether we'd like another dog for a while. At the minute we've decided it's not the right time :(

But we've been looking after other people's dogs - Basil the Border Terrier and now Nitchka the Whippet. And obviously we see lots of other dogs out and about.

Maybe I'm biased because of Stanley, but they're just not as good as my Labrador. He has something that they just don't have! And don't get me wrong - they're lovely lovely dogs!

Today we were on the beach and Nitch is only 16 weeks. Not one person stopped us to fuss her. We couldn't go with Stanley anywhere as a puppy without getting stopped constantly by people wanting to fuss the puppy. Even now Everyone is so excited to meet the bouncing Great oaf of a Labrador!

And the way Stanley is with everyone - it's infectious! And he's so patient with the daft dogs that come into his house and shares all of his stuff without question.

So me and Nathan have decided - anymore dogs will 100% be Labradors. They've stolen our hearts and we can't imagine our lives without them. It's plain to see why they're the worlds favourite dogs :heart:

selina27, snowbunny, Sven and 6 others like this.
  2. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

I get it totally - this is how I felt about my Rotties. And I'm sure how I will feel about Labs as soon as I have mine! Now I can just admire them from a distance, which is a bit different than having the personal experience, if you know what I mean. :)

Now that's just weird! I'd have a conniption fit of happiness if I saw a baby whippet! :happyfeet:

3. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

She is adorable! Huge ears - reminds me a bit of Dobby the house elf :D

Very yappy little thing though which I didn't expect from a whippet!

drjs@5 and Emily_BabbelHund like this.
  4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Labradors have been a massive part of my life , Sam is my 4th one and I adore them . When we lost Millie last year , our hearts were broken and we swore no more dogs, ever . Well , the best laid plans etc . ! I had thought about a Lab puppy , but decided that at 70 years old , it might be too much to handle , so we decided no more . I love all dogs, I truly do , but never in my wildest dreams did I ever see myself as owning a Chihuahua X , just not my bag , and then along came Nelly , who needed a home and she captured our hearts . Then we discovered that she was deaf and that we were her fourth home in two years , that made us love her even more . Then , as if being deaf wasn't enough , she has rubbish back end joints , due to an equally rubbish start to life , so she needed us even more ! Sam is my rock though , he is dependable ( most of the time ) loyal and 100% trustworthy , steady and true . I have Labrador stamped right through my body , but I have room for Nelly too . I would say to anyone , if it doesn't feel right, it isn't right , to coin my old Yorkshire Granddad , " if in doubt , do nowt " .

Sven, Cath, charlie and 2 others like this.
  5. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

I never wanted a big dog like a lab but I was told by my oldest friend that they would suit me. Apparently I am a Labrador that's what my friend insists anyway. Her theory is that we to are attracted too and happy with creatures/people who have the same ideas about life as we do. I don't know how i feel about it:D but shes been right about me and labs getting on. We are very pragmatic creatures amoung other things

Sven and JenBainbridge like this.
  6. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I tell you what 'tho. Golden Retriever pups are so much easier! The crocodile genes seem to have skipped Keir entirely!

But yes, Labs are the best :D

JenBainbridge likes this.
  7. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

Oooo hooo - that's what you said about Mollie the first weeks as well. You better go knock on some wood pronto! :D

drjs@5 likes this.
  8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Haha!

Knocking!

:p

drjs@5 likes this.
  9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Know what you mean.
    Sophie's labradoodle puppies are very cute 'n' all, but give me a faithful, playful, mischevious, wipe-clean labrador anytime.

10. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

We're with you here. Took us 2 years to get over losing our 1st lab BJ, but eventually we knew something was missing. We had dear little Alfie the cocker - who only came to us as a little dog in need of a home - but there was a Labrador shaped hole in our hearts.
    No more, Molly lives there now :)

11. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Yes, it's been like this for me with Cassie too, although I do think some aspects of training would be easier if this wasn't the case :)
    I was watching a (very impressive) gundog demonstration yesterday, in Scotland, and the guy said exactly the same -- there's a reason why they are so popular, they are just fantastic dogs.
    I always knew I had to have at least one Labrador :)